Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: What's the worst?

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM
  • 41 Replies
I was awakened from a sound sleep at 4:00 am to the sound of my cat puking.

What's the worst sound that wakes you up?
by on May. 16, 2017 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILive4This
by Robin on May. 16, 2017 at 7:25 AM

Foot traffic, up and down the stairs. Our bedroom is on the main level, other bedrooms upstairs. I have a 17-year-old. You never know what's possibly going on.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

someone driving through with their bass loud as all can be.  That's the worst kind of alarm clock

romalove
by Roma on May. 16, 2017 at 8:07 AM
4 moms liked this

My cell phone ringing in the middle of the night.

It's never good news and it always wakes me up in a terror.

MrsBieg
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:20 AM

If a raccoon gets up in the attic again.  They don't tiptoe up there, knocking shit over and jumping around.  The first time it happened I was convinced there was a full grown man up there.  Even now when I know what it is, it's just like FUCK!  Gotta get rid of the damned think AND fix another hole it made in the roof to get in in the first place!!

Don't text and drive.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on May. 16, 2017 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this

snoring...it bores into my brain and it's impossible to get back to sleep.  

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2017 at 8:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Wasn't a sound, but the worst wakeup I've ever had was being woken by my son hitting me in the face with a soiled daiper.

Wolffie
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM

That is gross.

Funniest one I ever had was my then 7 year old son coming in at 2:00 in the morning to tell me that he didn't have a fever anymore. As the cat puke this morning, I was sound asleep and woke up suddenly to a shadow figure at the side of my bed. I hear, "MOMMY!" in a loud whisper to which I panickedly (is that a word) responded, "WHAT!!!!!" This shadow being then proceeds to tell me that, "My forehead isn't hot any more." I told him that was great news and to go back to bed. Kid scared the absolute bejesus out of me that night. LOL!

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

Wasn't a sound, but the worst wakeup I've ever had was being woken by my son hitting me in the face with a soiled daiper.

Cenedra64
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:15 AM

sorry but that made me laugh

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2017 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband's snoring has gotten so epic that I can not sleep with him anymore. He sleeps in the room across from me and if I do not go to sleep before him, he still keeps me awake. We all have been trying to get him to go to the doctor for this...it is so frustrating. We actually have recorded him on several occasions because he did not believe anyone, it sounds like he is attempting to swallow a jaguar and the jaguar is fighting back.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

snoring...it bores into my brain and it's impossible to get back to sleep.  

Sisteract
by Whoopie on May. 16, 2017 at 9:27 AM

The rumbling of an earthquake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)