Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bill Cosby's daughters blame racism for his demise

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM
  • 30 Replies

Ensa Cosby says her father is being "punished" by a society that still believe that black men rape white women."

She has GOT to be kidding, right??

Bill Cosby’s Daughters Ensa and Erinn Speak Out in Defense of Dad

by on May. 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotspice58
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Why she may sound "out there", Woody Allen was accused  of molestaton and nothing/nada not a thing was done to him.  Same with the preppy rapist.  

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on May. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM

Maybe I'm forgetting some of the Woody Allen thing -- did he drug and rape a ton of women? 

I feel like that's the main difference........

Quoting hotspice58:

Why she may sound "out there", Woody Allen was accused  of molestaton and nothing/nada not a thing was done to him.  Same with the preppy rapist.  

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
5 moms liked this

Bill Cosby has been a beloved actor for decades.   I think finally the system isn't protecting him and is finally allowing his victims to speak.   I don't believe there are racist motives at play.   

I do believe this happens so much in the entertainment industry and other industries.  Women have been treated like this for centuries and I hope more speak out and get justice.

romalove
by Roma on May. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM

A decision was made that it was in the best interests of the mental health of Dylan Farrow that they not prosecute Woody Allen for molesting her.

She maintains, as does Mia and most of the family, that he did indeed groom and molest her over a period of years.

That "not a thing was done to him" is a product of that decision that Dylan's condition was too delicate to have to testify at trial.

Quoting hotspice58:

romalove
by Roma on May. 16, 2017 at 12:01 PM
4 moms liked this

The problem with crying "racism" when it comes to Bill Cosby is that he was beloved by people of all races.  That it came out later that there were dozens and dozens of women, also of all different races, some famous, some not, all accusing him of the same behavior over a period of decades is why he was turned away from, not because of his race.

hotspice58
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  He molested one daughter and took nude pictures of and married another girl who he was supposed to be a father figure to...

Quoting anxiousschk:

Maybe I'm forgetting some of the Woody Allen thing -- did he drug and rape a ton of women? 

Quoting hotspice58:

hotspice58
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:18 PM

ok.  But he still wasn't punished and we all know if he wasn't white, he would have been.  Look at the preppy rapist.  What's the excuse there?

Quoting romalove:

A decision was made that it was in the best interests of the mental health of Dylan Farrow that they not prosecute Woody Allen for molesting her.

She maintains, as does Mia and most of the family, that he did indeed groom and molest her over a period of years.

That "not a thing was done to him" is a product of that decision that Dylan's condition was too delicate to have to testify at trial.

Quoting hotspice58:

SuG4
by Firestarter on May. 16, 2017 at 12:18 PM
The one he married was MIA Farrow's adopted dd! She was from Vietnam.

Quoting hotspice58:

No.  He molested one daughter and took nude pictures of and married another girl who he was supposed to be a father figure to...

Quoting anxiousschk:

Quoting hotspice58:

hotspice58
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Yes she was.  But at that time, Mia and Woody were supposed to be in a "relationship" and he was supposed to be like a father to Mia's kids...

Quoting SuG4: The one he married was MIA Farrow's adopted dd! She was from Vietnam.
Quoting hotspice58:

Quoting anxiousschk:

Quoting hotspice58:

nononenever
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2017 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not surprised they're claiming racism.  Because women wouldn't have a problem being drugged and raped by a white man, I suppose. 

It's the same defense a local Senator (also a 52 year old married Pentecostal pastor) came up with as to why he was being held responsible for grooming a 16 year old into a sexual relationship with promises of career benefits for her and her family.  It's since come out that he sexually and emotionally abused his Senate staff for years, so badly that investigations had started.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)