Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laptop evidence shows slain DNC staffer was talking to WikiLeaks: investigator

Posted by on May. 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM
  • 47 Replies

Laptop evidence shows slain DNC staffer was talking to WikiLeaks: investigator

Modal TriggerLaptop evidence shows slain DNC staffer was talking to WikiLeaks: investigator

There is tangible evidence on the laptop of a former DNC staffer that confirms he was talking to WikiLeaks prior to his murder, a private investigator suggested Monday.

Seth Rich was killed last July in what authorities have called a robbery gone awry.

But Rod Wheeler, a former DC homicide detective and Fox News contributor, is leading a parallel investigation into Rich’s murder.

Wheeler told Fox 5 DC that he believes there is a cover-up and the police department may have been told to back off the investigation.

“The police department nor the FBI have been forthcoming,” Wheeler told the station. “They haven’t been cooperating at all. I believe that the answer to solving his death lies on that computer, which I believe is either at the police department or either at the FBI. I have been told both.”

Wheeler added that a source in the DC police department “looked him in the eye” and told him that investigators were told to stand down in the case.

“Now, that is highly unusual for a murder investigation, especially from a police department,” he said. “Again, I don’t think it comes from the chief’s office, but I do believe there is a correlation between the mayor’s office and the DNC and that is the information that will come out.”

Links between Rich and WikiLeaks were raised when Julian Assange, the founder of the whistleblowing website, offered a $20,000 reward for clues leading to the arrest of the killers.

Assange also implied in August that Rich was killed because he was WikiLeaks’ source of emails from top DNC officials showing they conspired to stop Sen. Bernie Sanders from becoming the party’s presidential nominee. That controversy resulted in Debbie Wasserman Schultz having to resign as DNC chairperson.

Joel Rich, Seth’s father, downplayed any possible link between his son and the website. He told Fox News in January he believes Seth was killed during a robbery and not because he leaked information.

Security footage showed two men following Rich home moments before he was shot twice in the back. The camera only captured the assailants’ legs. Police said nothing of value was stolen from Rich.

Rich would have had access to sensitive DNC information. His main duty at the DNC was to build an online system to get out the vote. The system, which combines government data, technologies and formats from all 50 states, allows anyone to check if they are registered to vote and, if not, where to register and how.

by on May. 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't shoot someone in the back and not steal something and call it a robbery.  Also $125,000 reward offer and not one person has reached out.  An high ranking member of the DNC also called the family and wanted to know that their private investigator was snooping around.  Last, a CS has seen the missing computer and saw the Wikileak emails. 

niceandhappy
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

but but but.... RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA

Wanna bet the MSM doesn't even cover this? Doesn't jive with their Trump-Russia collusion narrative.

Poor guy. Just trying to do his patriotic duty by showing how the DNC is corrupt, and how they interfered with Sander's campaign. Don't mess with the Clintons. Too many people have found that out the hard way.

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on May. 16, 2017 at 11:11 PM
They have already buried it and are working to smear the private investigator who was a well respected officer.

Quoting niceandhappy:

Wanna bet the MSM doesn't even cover this? Doesn't jive with their Trump-Russia collusion narrative.

Poor guy. Just trying to do his patriotic duty by showing how the DNC is corrupt, and how they interfered with Sander's campaign. Don't mess with the Clintons. Too many people have found that out the hard way.

pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on May. 16, 2017 at 11:37 PM

I understand why a handful of cops in Arkansas did what they did for Bill and that was pretty disgusting.  What I don't understand is why the PIs do what they do for her to include those that did their dirty dealings against the females that were sexually assaulted by Bill.  The murder of Seth is not surprising since Clinton was 'all in.'

Quoting niceandhappy:

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 16, 2017 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich criticizes right-wing media's role in igniting new conspiracy in murder case

http://www.businessinsider.com/seth-rich-family-right-wing-media-report-wikileaks-2017-5
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on May. 16, 2017 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The Fox News story about Rich came one day after a report by the Washington Post accused President Donald Trump of spilling classified information to Russian envoys during their visit to the Oval Office on 10 May 2017. Brad Bauman, a spokesperson for Rich’s family, told us he believed the Fox story was motivated by a desire to deflect attention away from the Post report:

I think there’s a very special place in hell for people that would use the memory of a murder victim in order to pursue a political agenda.
The Fox story uses two sources: Rod Wheeler, a Fox News contributor characterized as a private investigator in the article, and an unnamed “federal investigator.” On 15 May 2017, Wheeler speculated to local news outlet Fox5 that there was critical information on a computer that belonged to him, which was either in the possession of the FBI or MPD:
MissAndree
by Ronita on May. 17, 2017 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Rod Wheeler is respected?

Where is my pink pistol? I want to join a lesbian gang!

rolling on floor

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM

ummmm I read this and saw that this investigator is saying that the police covered up DNC involvement?!?

Is that right?

Are the police lying now when they vehemently denied covering up anything.?!?  

Im sure I just read a thread full of "police are the greatest" and now this with its happy little people willing to believe everything against the "liberals"

Holy crap on a cracker.....can y'all make up your minds.

pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Allegedly, the police/investigator was told to stand down.  If that took place, then it would have had to come from either someone with power or his/her higher ups.

Quoting turtle68:

ummmm I read this and saw that this investigator is saying that the police covered up DNC involvement?!?

Is that right?

Are the police lying now when they vehemently denied covering up anything.?!?  

Im sure I just read a thread full of "police are the greatest" and now this with its happy little people willing to believe everything against the "liberals"

Holy crap on a cracker.....can y'all make up your minds.

pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2017 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

That is their MO.  If it was nothing then the smear would be a bit quieter.

Quoting Billiejeens: They have already buried it and are working to smear the private investigator who was a well respected officer.
Quoting niceandhappy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)