Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

John Boehner Just Perfectly Summed up Trump’s Presidency in Three Words

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this

John Boehner Just Perfectly Summed up Trump’s Presidency in Three Words

John Boehner, who was Speaker of the House between 2011 and 2015, is not mincing words about Trump’s presidency.

According to oil industry trade publication RigZone, which attended a KPMG conference Boehner recently addressed, the former House Speaker’s comments about the Trump presidency were less than flattering, along with words for House Republicans currently trying to pass landmark tax reform and healthcare legislation.

“I was a little more optimistic about [tax reform] early in the year; now my odds are 60/40,” the former Speaker told the audience, adding that current proposals for tax reform were little more than bluster.

“The border adjustment tax (to pay for Trump’s proposed border wall) is deader than a doornail. Tax reform is just a bunch of happy talk.”

In regard to the American Health Care Act (AHCA, or Trumpcare), Boehner gave President Trump credit for his efforts, but still didn’t view the WWE Hall of Famer-turned President of the United States as effective in the first four months of his presidency (emphasis ours).

“Everything else he’s done [in office] has been a complete disaster,” Boehner said at the KPMG gathering. “He’s still learning how to be president.”

When asked about the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump and Russia, Boehner thought bringing up articles of impeachment was premature, but acknowledged that investigators should do a thorough job and answer all questions.

“I don’t know why either of these campaigns (Clinton or Trump) were talking to Russians, but they need to get to the bottom of this,” Boehner said.

by on May. 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)