Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lawyers may start vetting Trump's tweets, as White House reportedly considers strategy shift

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 7:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Lawyers may start vetting Trump's tweets, as White House reportedly considers strategy shift

• The Wall Street Journal reports that the White House is considering a number of strategy changes.
  • One possible change is having a legal team vet the president's tweets before they're sent.
  • Aides told the Journal that such a shift would be difficult to make.

U.S. President Donald Trump
Drew Angerer | Getty Images
U.S. President Donald Trump

The White House is considering having a team of lawyers approve Donald Trump's tweets, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing an advisor to the president.

Although the idea is under consideration, Trump aides told the Journal that such a procedure would be hard to put in place.

If implemented, the move would certainly lift a burden on the White House press office, which often finds itself trying to explain why Trump's tweets diverge so sharply from the tightly crafted official statements.

Trump has tweeted that his "active" presidency means that "it is not possible for my surrogates to stand at podium with perfect accuracy."

Read the full report in The Wall Street Journal.

by on May. 26, 2017 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That should have happened a long time ago.
newlife1214
by on May. 26, 2017 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully they can. Maybe an app?

I doubt someone actually wants to vet his tweet when he does his early morning tweets from the shitter.

Quoting pdxmum: That should have happened a long time ago.

UnoDuoTres
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:04 PM

His team should have simply confiscated his phone and given him a non-smart phone instead.

PPCLC
by Lisa on May. 26, 2017 at 8:05 PM

Hallelujah if they can! 

I've read somewhere that his son's will sometimes do the Tweeting for him? Not sure if that's true, however.

PPCLC
by Lisa on May. 26, 2017 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe an old school Jitter Bug phone? ;) lol

Quoting UnoDuoTres:

His team should have simply confiscated his phone and given him a non-smart phone instead.

newlife1214
by on May. 26, 2017 at 8:08 PM

I just picture this big, bare assed, overly tired and very sleep deprived, narcissist, tweeting on the toilet. 

But who knows maybe his kids tweet for him. As he yells out the closed bathroom door! 

*snort

Quoting PPCLC:

Hallelujah if they can! 

I've read somewhere that his son's will sometimes do the Tweeting for him? Not sure if that's true, however.

lancet98
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

It's too late for that.

New reports show Kushner wanted to set up a secret back channel to communicate with the Kremlin from the Russian embassy, so they could discuss things that the intelligence community would find...wrong.

celestegood
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:11 PM

Yeah, that should have happened from day one.  He should have to send his tweet to a person who approves it or a team that would, then THAT person posts it if it's approved.

PPCLC
by Lisa on May. 26, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Don't forget with the Diet Coke by his side... ;D lol

He has a....fascination with social media that I guess I am not used to from someone his age but then again, my Mom is on FB and she'll be 78 in a few weeks. The only thing she posts are recipes but she's progressing a little and no longer signs her comments to all of us...Love, Mom or Love, Grandma. :) lol

Quoting newlife1214:

I just picture this big, bare assed, overly tired and very sleep deprived, narcissist, tweeting on the toilet. 

But who knows maybe his kids tweet for him. As he yells out the closed bathroom door! 

*snort

Quoting PPCLC:

Hallelujah if they can! 

francee89
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2017 at 8:17 PM
I don't see him sticking to this, and even if he was somehow forced into it, I think he'd just shift his outbursts and contradictory statements to be verbal instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)