Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you give your pets bottled water?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:39 AM
  • 138 Replies
We don't like the taste of tap water. This area also has hard water and I just don't think it's the best option so we always drink bottled water. Struck me one day that I was still giving my dog tap water so he mostly gets bottled water as well.

I'm wondering if this is a bad decision for the environment with the extra water bottles generated by the dog. Let's face it, he thinks his own butthole is tasty. I'm thinking we at least need to go to a water delivery service. Surely I'm not the only one that gives their pet(s) bottled water.
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superbutt
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
If i had hard water i would buy jugs of filtered water, water softener, or buy a filter. But there is no way in hell i would be using bottles.
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  Fishy does not get tap water.

(Darn goldfish my son won at a festival 5 years ago!)

nmkj
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:42 AM
My fridge has a filter so we all drink from there.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM
Our water consumption has increased drastically since moving to Texas. I think you're right, it's time to switch.

Quoting superbutt: If i had hard water i would buy jugs of filtered water, water softener, or buy a filter. But there is no way in hell i would be using bottles.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Amazed he's still alive after 5 years. Is it still version 1 of fishy?

Quoting JTROX:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM
That used to be our primary source as well but when we're all heading out the door at the same time bottles are just easier.

Quoting nmkj: My fridge has a filter so we all drink from there.
nmkj
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:49 AM
I do keep water bottles for this reason too.

Quoting LauraKW: That used to be our primary source as well but when we're all heading out the door at the same time bottles are just easier.

Quoting nmkj: My fridge has a filter so we all drink from there.
mommytoeandb
by Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:52 AM
Is there not a filter you could use? We're on a well and use a reverse osmosis system (too much floride in our water). I only use bottled water when we need to replenish our hurricane supplies.
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

My son actually brought home 4 goldfish that day, that's what happens when I leave him with his grandma.  2 died w/in the first few days.  The third one survived 2 years.  This 4th one is still the original.  We never thought he'd be around so long.

Quoting LauraKW: Amazed he's still alive after 5 years. Is it still version 1 of fishy?
Quoting JTROX:

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 7:57 AM
2 moms liked this
We use a water filter at home and we all have reusable plastic or metal bottles we fill up when we are out.

My cats get filtered water and they like an ice cube in it.. don't ask.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)