Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CNN's White-Whale Russia Obsession

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

The media’s sudden explosion over a meeting last summer at Trump Tower between Donald Trump Jr. and an alleged “Kremlin-backed lawyer” (she wasn’t Kremlin-backed) has spawned a whole new feeding frenzy. Every miniscoop gets inflated into the latest contender in the urgent liberal question: “What will finally get trump impeached?”

The liberal-media obsession was palpable, even when you pull your cell phone out. On the night of July 11, the CNN mobile app was all ablaze with the junior jeremiads. One after another, the headlines were panicky and tabloid-ish. They read:

• “Trump’s Web of Russian Ties Grows With Miss Universe Links”

• “The 6 Most Troubling Parts of Don Jr’s Emails Exchange With Rob Goldstone”

• “Kaine: Trump Jr. May Have Committed Treason”

• “Donald Trump Jr.s Emails Undermine What the White House Has Been Saying”

• “Trump Jr.‘s Latest Email Explanation to Sean Hannity Doesn’t Make Any Sense”

• “How Much Legal Trouble Is Donald Trump Jr. in?”

• “Trump Jr. Releases Bombshell Email Chain”

In the midst of this stream, down in the fifth spot was breaking news with the headline “Special Ops Forces Among 16 Dead in Marine Corps Plane Crash.” Way down in the eighth spot was the headline “Earth’s Sixth Mass Extinction Is More Severe Than We Thought.” But alleged mass extinctions are boring next to Russia. The next headline was “Tapper to Trump Jr.: Why So Many Lies?”

This is why Trump fans have undertaken a campaign to give the CNN app a one-star rating in app stores, and the average of Apple reviews for the app did plummet to one star. Then, the rating mysteriously disappeared and was replaced by a very questionable note that said, “We have not received enough ratings to display an average for the current version of this application.”

The Daily Caller reported, “Out of 3,215 total ratings awarded to the CNN on the app store, 3,063 of them were one-star ratings.” CNN critics had launched a political attack on their credibility.

The website Big League Politics reported the same thing happened on Google Play — a burst of negative reviews followed by a disappearance. “Nearly 20,000 one-star reviews of the CNN App disappeared overnight on Google Play, boosting CNN’s ranking on its system,” it said.

The same people who criticize the Trump White House for eliminating the camera from press briefings are wiping its online ratings clean. Transparency is not their strong suit.

The same Moscow-on-the-brain syndrome was dramatically obvious on CNN’s airwaves on the morning of July 12. Our news watchers counted up the minutes on the “New Day” morning show that were devoted to Russia and other news. The result was jaw-dropping: Ninety-three percent of the news, or two hours and almost 16 minutes, was spent on Russia, and only 10 minutes were spent on the rest of the world. Eight minutes were set aside for the health care debate, and two were for the MLB All-Star Game. That was it.

Not only that, in the next half-hour, before going to live coverage of confirmation hearings for FBI Director nominee Christopher Wray, it was 100 percent Russia, Russia, Russia.

Obviously, the Left thinks Russia is its silver bullet for Trump’s impeachment, and CNN is its channel for obsessive round-the-clock prosecution. That’s why it’s laughable that The New York Times recently reported CNN is lagging in the ratings behind “the more ideologically driven coverage of Fox News and MSNBC.”

L. Brent Bozell & Tim Graham · Jul. 14, 2017

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Step away from Patriot Post. Or at least balance it out with real news.
Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:35 PM
What "real news" would you like to be used? CNN? The Clinton News Network. You know full well you won't accept anything that does not have a liberal slant.

Quoting pdxmum: Step away from Patriot Post. Or at least balance it out with real news.
iwashere
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM

LGAll65215
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/09/fox-is-totally-obsessed-with-benghazi.html

Fox News was obsessed with Benghazi for years!

and your favorite source Patriot Post is a collection of bigoted biased radical right moronic Blogs .
Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:46 PM
You are aware that the PP

has all these authors that aren't exclusive to PP, yes?

It's just an easy place to find good articles

They do somtimes run their own editorials

If I'm looking for shoes I go to Nordstrom not target where I have to go through 10 aisles of other stuff to get to the shoe dept.

Quoting pdxmum: Step away from Patriot Post. Or at least balance it out with real news.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't read or watch CNN so that would not be my suggestion.

WaPo, NYTIMES, NPR, Reuters, AP, WSJ just to name a few. Publications that typically don't opine on the choices of other media outlets to denigrate them.

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: What "real news" would you like to be used? CNN? The Clinton News Network. You know full well you won't accept anything that does not have a liberal slant.

Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM
Ny Times and WaPo definitely have a liberal slant.

Quoting pdxmum: I don't read or watch CNN so that would not be my suggestion.

WaPo, NYTIMES, NPR, Reuters, AP, WSJ just to name a few. Publications that typically don't opine on the choices of other media outlets to denigrate them.

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: What "real news" would you like to be used? CNN? The Clinton News Network. You know full well you won't accept anything that does not have a liberal slant.

pdxmum
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM
You do know that every piece of PP propaganda you post cherry picks and uses bits and pieces from other publications out of context to spin their own narrative.

PP is purposefully and extremely biased. And isn't a news source.

But you know that.

Quoting Billiejeens: You are aware that the PP

has all these authors that aren't exclusive to PP, yes?

It's just an easy place to find good articles

They do somtimes run their own editorials

If I'm looking for shoes I go to Nordstrom not target where I have to go through 10 aisles of other stuff to get to the shoe dept.

pdxmum
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:52 PM
Never said they didn't. But you read them knowing that.

Every publication has some bias. The key is knowing it and finding multiple sources.

And staying away from ones that pretend to be news but are just propaganda. I don't read some of those left leaning counterparts to the Patriot Post. They take a kernal of truth and spin it to ridiculous. I have friends on Facebook who post that crap all the time. I scroll right by.

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: Ny Times and WaPo definitely have a liberal slant.

Quoting pdxmum: I don't read or watch CNN so that would not be my suggestion.

iwashere
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 1:56 PM

You don't understand how media blog sites work, do you?

Quoting Billiejeens: You are aware that the PP has all these authors that aren't exclusive to PP, yes? It's just an easy place to find good articles They do somtimes run their own editorials If I'm looking for shoes I go to Nordstrom not target where I have to go through 10 aisles of other stuff to get to the shoe dept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)