Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

President Trump to spend weekend at Bedminster club, attend U.S. Women's Open

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM
  • 19 Replies

Though it existed as a rumor much of the week, President Trump will spend the weekend at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., and attend the U.S. Women's Open.

Trump has spent many weekends at the club this summer, but there was much speculation about this particular weekend; the club is hosting arguably the most important event in women's professional golf. The president was in Paris Friday morning for Bastille Day, but flew back to the United States and is will head directly to the course upon his arrival in America. He will be the first sitting president to attend the Women's U.S. Open.

Left Paris for U.S.A. Will be heading to New Jersey and attending the, their most important tournament, this afternoon.

His landing at the course will no doubt cause some congestion, but the USGA has been prepping for it. "We have notified players and fans that additional security measures were put in place as a best practice for the championship through the weekend," USGA spokesperson Janeen Driscoll said. "We also had to move a parking lot due to the weather, so everyone can expect to add an additional 15-20 minutes to their arrival to the championship today. We are trying to provide the least disruption possible based on all those factors. Our focus remains on the golf course and conducting the championship – and making the cut today."

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/07/14/reports-president-trump-will-spend-weekend-bedminster-club

by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
francee89
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:17 PM

His previous promise not to golf or vacation: http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/trump-s-strong-opinions-on-presidential-golfing-919165507884

And a sampling of his previous thoughts on Presidents who golf and vacation:

owl0210
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Keep him away from the players...
Sundance8
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:30 PM
5 moms liked this
No worries. They are all stronger and faster, and could always whack him with their racquets.

Quoting owl0210: Keep him away from the players...
LGAll65215
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
😂 that's encouraging!

Quoting Sundance8: No worries. They are all stronger and faster, and could always whack him with their racquets.

Quoting owl0210: Keep him away from the players...
iwashere
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:39 PM

I'm sure that while standing right next to his lovely wife, he will compliment all the players on their shape.

owl0210
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:40 PM
Maybe he'll try to grab 'em by the pussy.

Quoting iwashere:

I'm sure that while standing right next to his lovely wife, he will compliment all the players on their shape.

Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh the horror! The president takes the weekend off! How many of you work through the weekend after working all week?
francee89
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this

In addition to critcizing President Obama for golfing and going on vacation, Trump previously said:

"I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don't think I'd ever see Turnberry again. I don't think I'd ever see Doral again — I own Doral in Miami — I don't think I'd ever see many of the places that I have. I don't ever think I'd see anything — I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave?"

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done."

"I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

He frequently golfs and spends weekends on vacation at Bedminster and Mar-a-Lago. Why shouldn't we hold him to his own promises and standards?

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: Oh the horror! The president takes the weekend off! How many of you work through the weekend after working all week?

Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 4:59 PM
I get what you are saying but seems pretty hypocritical to hold Trump to standards yet let Obama slide. Remember if you like your plan you can keep it. If you like your doctors you can keep them.

Quoting francee89:

In addition to critcizing President Obama for golfing and going on vacation, Trump previously said:

"I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don't think I'd ever see Turnberry again. I don't think I'd ever see Doral again — I own Doral in Miami — I don't think I'd ever see many of the places that I have. I don't ever think I'd see anything — I just wanna stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave?"

"I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off.”

He frequently golfs and spends weekends on vacation at Bedminster and Mar-a-Lago. Why shouldn't we hold him to his own promises and standards?

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: Oh the horror! The president takes the weekend off! How many of you work through the weekend after working all week?

francee89
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Who let Obama slide on that? It Politifact's 2013 Lie of the Year, and gets brought up frequently when people talk about the ACA's flaws.

This is 100% in Trump's control. Based on his actions, he was clearly lying when he said he wouldn't be vacationing or golfing, and it's quite hypocritical of him after his years of public critcism of Obama for doing the same things. 

Quoting Kwitcherbetchen: I get what you are saying but seems pretty hypocritical to hold Trump to standards yet let Obama slide. Remember if you like your plan you can keep it. If you like your doctors you can keep them.
Quoting francee89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)