Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Governor Who Switched Parties For Trump Owes Millions In Taxes After Deal With Russian Company

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:41 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
The more we learn about West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice, the less surprising it was that he joined Donald Trump during a campaign event on Thursday and declared that he was switching parties.

During the rally, Justice said, “The Democrats walked away from me.”

He added: “I can’t help you any more being a Democrat governor. So tomorrow I will be changing my registration to Republican.”

It was a nice photo-op for the governor to be standing next to Trump, who won West Virginia by 42 points last November, but there seems to be more to the story than a simple change of heart.

As the swift and forceful response from the Democratic Governor’s Association noted, Justice just so happens to owe millions in unpaid taxes after a deal with a Russian coal company.

The full statement:

“Jim Justice deceived the voters of West Virginia when he ran as a Democrat 8 months ago,” said DGA Executive Director Elisabeth Pearson. “West Virginians have learned that they simply can’t trust Jim Justice. He will always put his financial interests above the needs of West Virginians.

“As Republicans have repeatedly said, Jim Justice owes millions of dollars in unpaid company taxes, after a deal with a Russian coal company. The debts have only worsened during Justice’s term as governor. If President Trump cut a deal, we hope it does not put U.S. taxpayers on the hook to bail out Jim Justice’s personal finances.”

Now that Justice has officially switched over to the same party as Trump, it’s unclear if Republicans, who had previously criticized him for his financial dealings, will be as eager to do so. After all, most GOP leaders in Washington have repeatedly turned a blind eye to Trump’s transgressions.

In any event, it’s no surprise that both men thought it was necessary to join teams at a time when each of them is under fire.

Unpaid taxes? Sketchy financial dealings? Ties to Russian companies? It’s a match made in heaven

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/08/03/governor-switched-parties-trump-owes-millions-taxes-deal-russian-company.html
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuG4
by Firestarter on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:39 AM
Really?? 😂😂😂😂😂
joyfree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, well, WELL!!!
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, he sounds more like a republican.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Well that's not shady at all.

*sarcasm*
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
"Unlike the coal companies that filed for bankruptcy and walked away from their obligations, the Justice companies are being responsible and following the agreed-upon payment plan. ... The Justice companies are taking the proper steps to make good on all MSHA commitments," Shelton says. "To imply anything beyond that is purely for political reasons and ignores the facts."
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:41 AM
Yep! The voters in my state voted this ass in! He also said he wouldn't raise taxes. He lied about that. He also cut money from education and now our universities have raised their tuition rates to cover the cuts. Marshall raised tuition by 9%.
Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM

Fake Story -

Par for the course with this OP.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 9:28 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not. I live in this state. It was a big thing from republicans about
His unpaid taxes.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Fake Story -

Par for the course with this OP.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Guess as far as that goes he's in good company, "Birds of a feather" and all that. Didn't Trump, during his campaign, proudly tell his supporters he hadn't paid taxes in years?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)