Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Navy veteran ordered to remove American flag wrap from mailbox

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:28 AM
  • 123 Replies
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/03/us-navy-veteran-ordered-to-remove-american-flag-wrap-from-mailbox.amp.html

Of course he lives in an HOA controlled development. He's fighting it! Does he have a leg to stand on?
If the HOA ends up allowing him to do this, then where does it end?
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:21 AM
7 moms liked this
I would never ever live in a place with an HOA. I don't see anything wrong with the mailbox, but they don't want it. But I don't understand why after 4 years it's a problem?
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:27 AM
4 moms liked this

If you live in a development with an HOA, you agreed to their terms. Period. Wanna have what you want? Move.

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM
3 moms liked this
I live in a townhouse with HOA and it's great.
Personally, I'd never wrap a mailbox or put up a flag. I think it's showing off and saying " wow look what a great American I am!"
Act like one and follow rules!
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:00 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't do the whole American flag worship thing, but after 4 years, why now?

That said, if it's their terms then either take it off or move.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:08 AM
A neighbor probably complained about him or someone from the HOA drive the community and saw it. HOAs are good in some ways. I like hthat all paint colors have to be approved by the HOA before anyone can paint a house. I hate how they send notices for the smallest things, like leaving the basketball goal raised.

Quoting billsfan1104: I would never ever live in a place with an HOA. I don't see anything wrong with the mailbox, but they don't want it. But I don't understand why after 4 years it's a problem?
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:23 AM
12 moms liked this
I would rather be homeless than live in an HOA.
mommytoeandb
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
FFS. He should know how to follow rules and regulations.
Curlymom234
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Just because you're a veteran doesn't mean you're an exception to the rules.
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't exactly worship it but I never cared about the flag until my father had a military burial. There is something about seeing the flag on a coffin, watching young soldiers fold it up and hand it to your mother that will get to you. That being said, I once asked my father what he thought about people who burned the flag and he said that he fought for the right for people to be assholes.

Quoting couture-mommy: I don't do the whole American flag worship thing, but after 4 years, why now?

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah my uncles flag is still in its case, perfectly folded and in my grandparents home.
I don't think burning the flag is being an asshole... buying a flag just to burn it is a waste of money tho. Lol.

Quoting smalltowngal: I don't exactly worship it but I never cared about the flag until my father had a military burial. There is something about seeing the flag on a coffin, watching young soldiers fold it up and hand it to your mother that will get to you. That being said, I once asked my father what he thought about people who burned the flag and he said that he fought for the right for people to be assholes.

Quoting couture-mommy: I don't do the whole American flag worship thing, but after 4 years, why now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)