• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Bald Narcissism of Trump Exposed By The Leaked Phone Transcripts

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:54 PM
  • 102 Replies
4 moms liked this

One of the issues with the leaked phone transcripts of Trump's calls with the Mexican and Australian leaders is how they expose the total narcissim of the new president.  In the call with Pena Nieto, not only doesn't he discuss anything substantive regarding Mexican-American relations, immigration, and the wall, the discussions he does have on these topics revolve around how he himself will be seen by the press and the world if the Mexican leader doesn't agree to tell the press what Trump wants him to say, which is, that they have agreed to work on how they will pay for the wall, as if they had discussed it and the Mexican leader agreed they would pay anything.  Pena Nieto of course did nothing of the sort, and in fact issued a statement saying that he told Trump he would not pay for the wall, but the entirety of the conversation didn't do anything for the American people but only for Trump.

Same thing with the Australian call.  He didn't understand the issue of the refugees that Obama had agreed to take, in fact, that Obama had only agreed they would be taken after vetting and going through processing if they met the criteria for admission, or why the Australian PM asked Obama to take them in the first place, even after he was told why over and over.  Trump's take on this was about Trump, and how he would be perceived given his campaign rhetoric versus what he would then be doing regarding these refugees.

These are just two conversations we have had leaked and can see.  Comey's conversations that he's on record having with Trump also revolved around what was best for Trump, ie, can you let Flynn go, am I under investigation, etc.  Not one word for what was happening with the investigations into the Russian interference with the election.

Even Trump's insistence that the Russians either didn't do it or may not have done it or someone else could have done it are all about his own insecurities about people thinking he's not a valid president, that it puts him in question, despite all the intelligence agencies agreeing that it happened.  The Russian hacking was attack on all of us, on our democracy, on the cornerstone of our system which is free and fair elections, and whether or not you think they succeeded in changing who might have won is irrelevant in that regard.  It is a clear show of narcissism that for Trump this too is only and all about him.

I wonder what else that we don't have access to is "all about him" in terms of how he's handling diplomacy, and....because we know that he's making money from this presidency through his businesses....how much he's worrying about his own bottom line instead of the bottom line of the American people.

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joyfree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 12:59 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I agree completely!!!

Cue the Trump acolytes arrival at any time!
HOT4TCHR
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Scary part now...some people go through their entire lives being abused and manipulated by narcissists and they NEVER know it.

Trump's approval rating isat 33% now, right? To use his own example...even if he shot somebody dead in Times Square, I don't think his approval rating would fall below 20%. And if something happened to him...a conviction, an assassination, a heart attack...I'd expect his rating to make a significant rebound.
iwashere
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM
5 moms liked this

Is it wrong that I was not surprised about the content of the phone calls? Trump cares about Trump. Period. I think Russia only scares him because it's close to him - not because of what Junior did or Flynn or anyone else. Just him.

romalove
by Roma on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:11 PM
10 moms liked this

I am of the opinion that the thing scaring Trump is that they are going to follow the money, and his business practices are likely "not up to snuff" and I'm being euphemistically kind there.

I fully expect that what Mueller will find is some sort of financial malfeasance.

But yes, everything is always about him, everything, all the time, even a speech to the Boy Scouts or phone calls with foreign leaders.  Everything.

Quoting iwashere:

Is it wrong that I was not surprised about the content of the phone calls? Trump cares about Trump. Period. I think Russia only scares him because it's close to him - not because of what Junior did or Flynn or anyone else. Just him.

iwashere
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Yes, he does seem to be terrified of the financial disclosures. More than anything, those probably have the "smoking gun" everyone thinks they need.

Quoting romalove:

I am of the opinion that the thing scaring Trump is that they are going to follow the money, and his business practices are likely "not up to snuff" and I'm being euphemistically kind there.

I fully expect that what Mueller will find is some sort of financial malfeasance.

But yes, everything is always about him, everything, all the time, even a speech to the Boy Scouts or phone calls with foreign leaders.  Everything.

Quoting iwashere:

joyfree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. It's horribly embarrassing to this nation.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting iwashere:

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Exactly why he chose W.V to speak. He wont dare go to states that oppose him.

Im waiting for the egomaniacal tour soon.
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:28 PM
4 moms liked this

The calls aren't that big of an issue. TRUMP supporters really don't care who pays for the Wall, they just want the border secured. Both calls actually confirm to TRUMP supporters he is committed to keeping his promises. 

It's naive if anyone doesn't think these type of discussions are had by all leaders. 

I'm curious as to if those who think the calls are an issue also think leaking such calls is an issue and if whoever is involved in leaking them should be prosecuted? 

LGAll65215
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Good point--it appears that women who don't care that Trump is a misogynistic predator must have grown up with similar men in their lives and it doesn't matter to them!
OMG
And he's a lousy business man, a cheater and a verbally abusive bigot. Did they grow up with male role models who are just like Trump?
It seems that way!

But... now I'm sure his supporters will tell me I " hate" their orange savior .

Quoting HOT4TCHR: Scary part now...some people go through their entire lives being abused and manipulated by narcissists and they NEVER know it.

Trump's approval rating isat 33% now, right? To use his own example...even if he shot somebody dead in Times Square, I don't think his approval rating would fall below 20%. And if something happened to him...a conviction, an assassination, a heart attack...I'd expect his rating to make a significant rebound.
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM
6 moms liked this

TRUMP supporters ^ don't care about anything- all they care is TRUMP won.

No matter how

No matter what he has done

No matter what he does

We get it-

Birds of a feather in terms of values, ethics, morals and beliefs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)