• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The President DEMANDS respect according to some of you

eliptica24
Come check out my personal opinions here!
Yesterday at 6:38 PM
Tara Cochran on HubPages

I enjoy writing and was suggeseted this site to express my thoughts. I am a mother of two, married, and legally blind. My first article discusses...

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

In a poll I made earlier this morning which was just for fun, I called the president a cheeto basically lol and some got really upset over that and said the president demands respect.

My stance is, he or she can demand it al they want but that doesnt mean they will get it. No one said this when Obama was in office and was constantly shit on for his race, birth place (hawaii derps), religion (hes christian people not muslim), etc.

So do you feel even if you didnt vote for the president, that he deserves your respect just bc he holds the highest office?

FYI I am not talking about soldiers perspective bc by their job they are forced to whether they like it or not.

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this

The position, to an extent, deserves respect but if you mistreat your responsibility and perform it dishonorably with lies and misconduct, you do not earn respect.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:57 PM
3 moms liked this

No, I do not believe that Trump is entitled to respect regardless of what he demands.  

pumpkin_83
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this sentiment. The position of President deserves respect and to a small degree the person who holds that title. But that degree lessens for me each time the person acts like an idiot.

Quoting M4LG5:

The position, to an extent, deserves respect but if you mistreat your responsibility and perform it dishonorably with lies and misconduct, you do not earn respect.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

The position of POTUS does demand respect.

However, given the state of our current administration (I don't rule out Trump's staff, past or present when I refer to the White House. Not anymore.), it's hard to extend that respect when the White House is starting to look like that sad house you see on the TV with a woman and/or man who has 100 cats, and the entire house is in chaos because of it.

Maybe a bad analogy...lol I don't know.

Get your sticks together and I'll respect you. Heck, even if I don't agree with a person, I'll respect the right of that person to either speak their mind. If I am impacted by how they feel, though, I expect the same respect in return.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Only ONE person said that he demands respect. Only ONE.
Not some, only ONE.
I had a problem with it because you called Trump names and didn't the others because you were lazy(you admitted to it) and you are hateful.
eliptica24
Tara Cochran on HubPages

I enjoy writing and was suggeseted this site to express my thoughts. I am a mother of two, married, and legally blind. My first article discusses...

by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:16 PM

actually in that post there were more then one and also i have seen it in other posts by other women, so the topic is applicable. 

ooooo i made a joke about his skin looking like a cheeto. thats horrible i know.

not hateful i dont hate him. few people i hate and they are people i know in person. hes just a gross old man who has no reason or place being in charge of the country. but really, stop whining.

Quoting billsfan1104: Only ONE person said that he demands respect. Only ONE. Not some, only ONE. I had a problem with it because you called Trump names and didn't the others because you were lazy(you admitted to it) and you are hateful.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
This. It's hard to respect individuals when they're caught lying, hiding things, taliking about each other behind each other's backs, tweeting incessantly and insulting everyone. Act like leaders, be treated like leaders.

Quoting PPCLC:

The position of POTUS does demand respect.

However, given the state of our current administration (I don't rule out Trump's staff, past or present when I refer to the White House. Not anymore.), it's hard to extend that respect when the White House is starting to look like that sad house you see on the TV with a woman and/or man who has 100 cats, and the entire house is in chaos because of it.

Maybe a bad analogy...lol I don't know.

Get your sticks together and I'll respect you. Heck, even if I don't agree with a person, I'll respect the right of that person to either speak their mind. If I am impacted by how they feel, though, I expect the same respect in return.

VooDooB
by The Corrupter on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM

I remember the last few years here many, many instances of people losing their damn minds over people's disrespect of King Obama.

eliptica24
Tara Cochran on HubPages

by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:26 PM

XD now i liked obama as a person and somewhat as a politician except he wanted to please everyone which is a lovely idea but you cant in politics.  but no one should just be soldiers to hitler with any president and have blind trust faith and respect bc everyone will just die in a concentration camp that way. bad analogy? 

Quoting VooDooB:

I remember the last few years here many, many instances of people losing their damn minds over people's disrespect of King Obama.

VooDooB
by The Corrupter on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Yes.

Quoting eliptica24:

XD now i liked obama as a person and somewhat as a politician except he wanted to please everyone which is a lovely idea but you cant in politics.  but no one should just be soldiers to hitler with any president and have blind trust faith and respect bc everyone will just die in a concentration camp that way. bad analogy? 

Quoting VooDooB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)