• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I was sexually assaulted! So let's watch it!"

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:33 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am sure this doesnt surprise anyone but this was a hot topic about a month ago, I think this is really questionable.

by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:34 PM

i am wondering if the two cast members actually signed off or if it is in the contract that they couldnt fight it.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:54 PM
I dont watch this shit. Lol
What happened? I watched your linked video but it didn't say
eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:56 PM

i dont either its trash tv.  basically 2 contestants were shit faced and fooled around and there was big drama saying she was sexually assaulted but then not it was stupid.

Quoting couture-mommy: I dont watch this shit. Lol What happened? I watched your linked video but it didn't say

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM
What has SHE or HE said? Was there proof? Or what was the basis of this?

I'll research because I can't form an opinion yet. Brb lol

Quoting eliptica24:

i dont either its trash tv.  basically 2 contestants were shit faced and fooled around and there was big drama saying she was sexually assaulted but then not it was stupid.

Quoting couture-mommy: I dont watch this shit. Lol

eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 2:59 PM

it was caught on camera (yet no one stopepd them) and they now are both not blaming each other their blaming the show. rolls eyes now the show is going to show the shit....

Quoting couture-mommy: What has SHE or HE said? Was there proof? Or what was the basis of this? I'll research because I can't form an opinion yet. Brb lol
Quoting eliptica24:

Quoting couture-mommy: I dont watch this shit. Lol What happened? I watched your linked video but it didn't say

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Ok: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/6/19/15812238/bachelor-in-paradise-sexual-assault-allegations

So two drunk people had a sexual encounter and she didnt say "yes" so now ita concluded that it was assualt?
I'm not the person who excuses this (as a rape survivor) but this is a grey area. Oh my.
Idk
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:01 PM
Why show it?
If they arent blaming each other... then wtf? It was sex? Drunk sex or ... idk

This is strange.

Quoting eliptica24:

it was caught on camera (yet no one stopepd them) and they now are both not blaming each other their blaming the show. rolls eyes now the show is going to show the shit....

Quoting couture-mommy: What has SHE or HE said? Was there proof? Or what was the basis of this?

Quoting eliptica24:

eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

ratings. of course tehy couldnt show it and teach people about consent and being intoxicated bc by law if you are too drunk to drive you are too drunk to consent for sexual acts. facedesk

Quoting couture-mommy: Why show it? If they arent blaming each other... then wtf? It was sex? Drunk sex or ... idk This is strange.
Quoting eliptica24:

Quoting couture-mommy: What has SHE or HE said? Was there proof? Or what was the basis of this? I'll research because I can't form an opinion yet. Brb lol
Quoting eliptica24:

PamR
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:04 PM

I don't know how anyone can watch this stuff.  People will do anything to be on television.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Omg 🤦🏾
I do think this could serve as a PSA on the effects of drunk sex.
But sometimes (if not most) the only person who will suffer is the man.
Nobody should fuck unless they both know what's going on.
Now if he contiued after she said NO or resisted, then thats not only "sexual assualt", that is rape.

Quoting eliptica24:

ratings. of course tehy couldnt show it and teach people about consent and being intoxicated bc by law if you are too drunk to drive you are too drunk to consent for sexual acts. facedesk

Quoting couture-mommy: Why show it?
If they arent blaming each other... then wtf? It was sex? Drunk sex or ... idk

This is strange.

Quoting eliptica24:

Quoting couture-mommy: What has SHE or HE said? Was there proof? Or what was the basis of this?

Quoting eliptica24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)