Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FYI Express Scripts CEO

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:52 PM
  • 35 Replies

Tim Wentworth

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & PRESIDENT

Tim Wentworth

Tim Wentworth is responsible for all aspects of the company’s strategic direction and core business, including sales and account management, information technology, operations, research and new solutions, and supply chain management. Tim was named President in 2014 and Chief Executive Officer in 2016. Tim joined Express Scripts when the company merged with Medco in April 2012. At Medco, he led the employer and key accounts organizations for nearly 14 years. He also served as President and CEO of Accredo, the company's specialty pharmacy. He earned a bachelor's degree in industrial and labor relations from Cornell University and an associate's degree in business from Monroe Community College.

In the News

I'm trying to correct a royal screw up with our insurance and, while looking for a mailing address for this guy, discovered this.  This guy gets to the top of the biggest pharmacy in the land with absolutely no formal education on pharmaceuticals? And a bachelor's degree?  

We've got CON ARTISTS running these corporations and we wonder why we're being conned up one side and down the other every day.

Just sayin'

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

by on Aug. 8, 2017 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Khaleesi on Aug. 8, 2017 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
To be fair, the CEOs of the hospital's I've worked at over the years have never been doctors. This guy doesn't need to be a chemist or a pharmacist.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM

The CEOs of those hospitals do a good job, do they?  Really understand the ins and outs of the biz?  They make realistic rules and policies that improve care?  They have their priorities straight?

Quoting ReadWriteLuv: To be fair, the CEOs of the hospital's I've worked at over the years have never been doctors. This guy doesn't need to be a chemist or a pharmacist.

---Janice---

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

THey need to know how to make the business run. You hire those who have the experience in lower levels 

This is stretching. 

Many bank presidents have never been tellers either.

HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:40 PM

Mmm-hmm. And who do you know who is happy with the service their bank provides?  

I stood next to a woman in Chase Bank on Saturday who wasn't permitted to deposit $700 cash into her husband's account.  And I know another woman whose husband died and each person at the bank gave her a different answer about how she needed to proceed with bill paying and all that.

Yeah, no kidding the CEOs of banks aren't bankers!

Quoting numbr1wmn:

THey need to know how to make the business run. You hire those who have the experience in lower levels 

This is stretching. 

---Janice---

numbr1wmn
by Lina on Aug. 8, 2017 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I work in a bank. And btw MY CEO is amazing.

Second, If a wife is not on an account and they want to deposit they need to provide the bank the account number. Otherwise she will not get any information.

If it's a joint account and one owner dies the other can still pay the bills. 

Thats how it works. Legally.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

I stood next to a woman in Chase Bank on Saturday who wasn't permitted to deposit $700 cash into her husband's account.  And I know another woman whose husband died and each person at the bank gave her a different answer about how she needed to proceed with bill paying and all that.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

This is stretching. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:09 PM

Look at Trump- that's the highest position in the country.

HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:24 PM

She had the account number.  And there is no good reason to not be permitted to make a cash deposit of less than $5,000 into a bank account.  If you think those rules and policies make sense, then you've had your fill of the Kool Aid.  I had a whole bunch of people in another post of mine in MC going on about all sorts of dreadful customer service practices in banks...can't deposit cash; have to use the cash to buy a money order and then deposit it was my favorite.  Some nerve they've got.

As for the joint account, there's no good excuse for a recently widowed old woman getting conflicting information on a simple question.  That's borne of shitty training and poor leadership.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

I work in a bank. And btw MY CEO is amazing.

Second, If a wife is not on an account and they want to deposit they need to provide the bank the account number. Otherwise she will not get any information.

If it's a joint account and one owner dies the other can still pay the bills. 

Thats how it works. Legally.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

Quoting numbr1wmn:

This is stretching. 

---Janice---

HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Look at Trump- that's the highest position in the country.

I know...it's wild.  Being an expert is no match for being an expert con artist.

---Janice---

SRUsarahSC
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:26 PM
Best boss I ever has has 27 years of military experience and zero experience in my field. You can manage people just fine without knowing all the little details.
HOT4TCHR
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2017 at 5:30 PM

Quoting SRUsarahSC: Best boss I ever has has 27 years of military experience and zero experience in my field. You can manage people just fine without knowing all the little details.

In some areas I can buy that. Or in the case of a lateral move.  But not in every field of expertise.  

---Janice---

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)