Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husbands new medication is 8800.00 a month.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:32 PM
  • 223 Replies
2 moms liked this

Neither one of us was prepared for that.  I am still processing it.  Insurance will pay for it but its still obscene!  Isnt it?

I

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Ronita on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this
That is seriously fucked up.
pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:52 PM

Wow.  

MrsHMS
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2017 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Ouch. Is it insurance through his job?
Sparkles4Lui
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:06 AM
Outrageous. What's the history of this medication?
SkippyDo
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:13 AM
19 moms liked this

If that were my script, under Obamacare, I would have to pay the first $6000 of that and then 30% after that.  In addition to $2200/month premium.  

So just that one med for the first month and my premium would be $9040 and every month after, with my premium for us would be $4840/month.  

Someone tell me why its ok for me to have to pay that (if that were my script) but welfare winners can crank out welfare babies for free all day long?

Why should I be penalized for having a job and earning a living?

SkippyDo
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:14 AM
4 moms liked this

I also want to add that I'm thankful for your sake (OP)  that you have decent insurance.  I wish I had the option to buy something like that.

But I don't. 

And I hope your husband is feeling better soon.  Hugs.

Meowmuffin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM

My DS14 is on a medication that cost $182.34 a month and another that cost $498.00 a month. One is for autism, without it he bangs his head into the floor and wall until he gets black eyes and goose eggs all over his head so we have to have it. (that's the $182.34 one) and the other one is for kidney disease. Thank god we have good insurance. 

My daughter was on a medication that cost $990 a month a few months ago she had to be on that for 2 months it was for an infection in her lymph nods due to a past TB infection. She recently had to have surgery for it. OMG you don't even want to see the hospital bill for that. 

Meowmuffin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:22 AM
7 moms liked this

Lies 

Quoting SkippyDo:

If that were my script, under Obamacare, I would have to pay the first $6000 of that and then 30% after that.  In addition to $2200/month premium.  

So just that one med for the first month and my premium would be $9040 and every month after, with my premium for us would be $4840/month.  

Someone tell me why its ok for me to have to pay that (if that were my script) but welfare winners can crank out welfare babies for free all day long?

Why should I be penalized for having a job and earning a living?

kit_manson
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM
It's horrible. I'm disabled. I have American friends who are literally dying because they can't afford therapies, medications, and doctor visits. Every time someone isn't on for a while, i worry.
survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:25 AM
11 moms liked this

I think its a prime example of what is wrong with healthcare.  The medication is for inflamation in his eyes.  I hope it works.  No medicine should be so expensive.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)