Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Blames The Left For Racist Violence In Charlottesville

Posted by   + Show Post

President Trump blamed the left for the violence in Charlottesville, while ignoring the behavior of his own racist supporters, as Trump claimed that "all sides" are to be blamed.

President Trump blamed the left for the violence in Charlottesville, while ignoring the behavior of his own racist supporters, as Trump claimed that “all sides” are to be blamed.

Video: https://youtu.be/x93z349S2RY

Trump said, “We condemn in the strongest possible terms the egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides. On many sides. It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.

Trump was blaming the left while trying to dodge any responsibility for his own rhetoric that has emboldened racists across the country. Trump was lying. Both sides aren’t responsible for the violence. The people who are responsible are racists and white supremacists who support Trump.

Nowhere in Trump’s remark were white supremacists or racists mentioned. Trump tried to play the both sides do it game, but the side that rolled into Charlottesville, VA looking for trouble were the “alt-right” who support Donald Trump.

Trump is trying to blame the left, but the American people can see the swastikas, and if one person deserves the blame for creating the racist and bigoted culture of violence, it is Donald J. Trump.

by on Aug. 12, 2017 at 4:15 PM
Replies (81-89):
Mommy_Bee_
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM

Mobile Photo

Oh and here he is, marching with his neo-Nazi buddies.

Quoting billsfan1104: There is no proof of that at this time. Just speculation.
The investigation is not even over with.
I will wait.

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: There are crazy people out there; however, the man arrested registered as a Republican in 2016. Sounds like a white supremacist to me.

Quoting billsfan1104: Because they want to blame the other side and continue the divide.
Can you explain why a person would burn down their own church and try to blame a Trump supporter?? Or how a woman made claims that her hijab was ripped off and blamed a Trump supporter and it was all a lie??
People do crazy things out of anger, hate and so forth.
It very could well be a white nationalist. I will agree it probably is more one than the other side.
But I won't make it difinitive like you have and others have that it was a white nationalist.

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: Can you give me one good reason why someone would plow into a group of people they agree with?

Quoting billsfan1104: I wasn't deflecting. You asked me where I got my info, and you didn't ask your liberal buddies where they got their info when they said it was a white nationalist. Be consistent.

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: It wouldn't be a real conversation without you deflecting somehow.

I do agree with your last few sentences.

Quoting billsfan1104: To add on to my other post, where do you guys get that this was a white nationalist??
Why haven't you asked your liberal friends making statements that this was a white nationalist??
Either way, it doesn't matter. It shouldn't have happened. The person is a murderer, and should be punished.

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: I have read several articles regarding this. Not one has released this information, so I would love to know where your info came from.

Quoting billsfan1104: I wonder if Takei is going to take back what he said.
From what I understand it wasn't one of the White Nationalist that ran the car into people. It was someone from the left.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:52 AM

No?  It's a fascist symbolon the shield. 

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: Was just about to share this. "Not a neo-nazi" though.
Quoting PamR:

Here's the suspect earlier in the day with a Neo-Nazi group. 

TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:54 AM

By what ?

Quoting AnotherKim:

I'm slightly shocked.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Mobile Photo

At least someone is calling them what they are and denouncing them. Trump apparently just doesn't want to alienate his base.

Mommy_Bee_
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM
That is why I put "not a neo-nazi" in quotes. To hopefully indicate some sarcasm. There are people running all over FB, saying it doesn't prove he is a neo-nazi.

Quoting PamR:

No?  It's a fascist symbolon the shield. 

Quoting Mommy_Bee_: Was just about to share this. "Not a neo-nazi" though.

Quoting PamR:

Here's the suspect earlier in the day with a Neo-Nazi group. 

TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 9:57 AM

I keep recalling how one of Trump's ex-wives stated he kept a copy of Mein Kampf in his bedside table and read from it every night.

That was way before he won the primary.

Quoting LucyMom08: He's implying that those protesting literal Nazis are no different than actual Nazis. Tell that to WWII vets who risked their lives fighting Nazis. That is DISGUSTING. And the words of a true coward, because he knows truly condemning Nazis and the KKK would just alienate his base. Anyone that doesn't condemn Nazis or the KKK has an issue. If you feel those groups are worthy of defending then you (general you) are just as foul.
Quoting billsfan1104: No he didn't. This is a bullshit post. He did not blame the left

AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Marco being the voice of reason.

Quoting TommieToo:

By what ?

Quoting AnotherKim:

I'm slightly shocked.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Mobile Photo

At least someone is calling them what they are and denouncing them. Trump apparently just doesn't want to alienate his base.

TommieToo
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Good point, perhaps the Nazi thing (and its implications) is penetrating his mindset.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Quoting TommieToo:

By what ?

Quoting AnotherKim:

I'm slightly shocked.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Mobile Photo

francee89
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It's always a surprising day when Marco remembers he has a spine.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Quoting TommieToo:

By what ?

Quoting AnotherKim:

I'm slightly shocked.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Mobile Photo

AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 4:27 PM

We can only hope.

Quoting TommieToo:

Good point, perhaps the Nazi thing (and its implications) is penetrating his mindset.

Quoting AnotherKim:

Quoting TommieToo:

By what ?

Quoting AnotherKim:

I'm slightly shocked.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)