Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinning off my transphobia post, do you feel having a "preference" towards a particular skin color makes you racist or a bigot, when it comes to attraction? Why or Why not?

by on Aug. 12, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Replies (31-36):
SeanandNoahsmom
by Dawn on Aug. 13, 2017 at 11:23 AM
No. Everybody has their own tastes, and if, say, you don't find brown skin attractive, that doesn't make you racist.
eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Wait, answering someone who asks me my age  ajd say9jg bas9cappy j08jya sis bragging? mk. i dont brag about my age though i do on occassion brag about how i dont look my age but thats totally different lol.  trolll be gone if you cant actually have a real debate dear that applies to the content the post is discussing

Quoting Carpy: In another post you were bragging about your age as if you have been around since Christ was a corporal. Is your pregnancy in the Guiness book?
Quoting eliptica24:

im super prego now so im not on daily but as the summer goes on im on a bit more then normal. in the ninth month i wont be on prolly at all. ill be lucky if i can roll down the hallway

Quoting Manic_Sinner: Hey girl! I've been here off and on. I'm not on as often as I used to be.:)
Quoting eliptica24:

whoa bro, what rock did you crawl out from? havent seen you around in ages

Quoting Manic_Sinner: No, I'm not racist and nothing is wrong with having a preference.

eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM

a boy :)

Quoting Manic_Sinner: lol congrats on the baby! I remember those days. Are you having a boy or girl?
Quoting eliptica24:

im super prego now so im not on daily but as the summer goes on im on a bit more then normal. in the ninth month i wont be on prolly at all. ill be lucky if i can roll down the hallway

Quoting Manic_Sinner: Hey girl! I've been here off and on. I'm not on as often as I used to be.:)
Quoting eliptica24:

whoa bro, what rock did you crawl out from? havent seen you around in ages

Quoting Manic_Sinner: No, I'm not racist and nothing is wrong with having a preference.

eliptica24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 3:50 PM

well stereotypes arecreated by conditioning. it isnt nature its nurture. it is what we see in our individual cultures. say for example in the US we would look at someone living in a mud hut either as a crazy nature nut or someone who is crazy and homeless. go to many other countries in africa or asia and its perfectly acceptable form of housing for where they live and  their culture.

i find stereotypes tho have a tiny basis of truth, its usually based off the minority of the larger group. such as all hispanics are in gangs bc the loudest most obnoxioous hispanics show that even tho that is the minority. or that all right wing people are radicals or all liberals are tree hugging feminists, which again isnt true and again are minority groups within those groups but they are just loud.

Quoting beco8627: Ok so I get what you're saying when it comes to stereotypes. Quite honestly, stereotypes are made for a reason. I see daily people living up to their stereotypes. My grandparents came from the hills of Kentucky. I grew up in small towns and sheltered. I got a job in the city at 18. I was naive and spoke a certain way and probably came off as unintelligent. Immediately a few people I worked with would make fun of the way I spoke, asked me if that was the first time I bought a pair of shoes, asked me if the public restroom was the first time I used a running toilet, things like that. I honestly was not offended. Now just because I recognized stereotypes, I believe your statements toward different races/religion go a little far. At least keep it to yourself, geez.
Quoting UpSheRises: Most people say racist things. Some examples of things I can remember recently: A friend was complaining about not being able to find a decent bagel in her neighborhood and I told her to go to a city with more Jews. I also recently said, "only black people eat there" when discussing Popeyes Chicken". Planning lunch for a playgroup "Do you think the Spanish speakers will be offended if we have a taco bar?"
Quoting PamR:

Quoting UpSheRises: I say racist things sometimes but I am not racist person in general. I would never pass judgement on an individual but, like most people, in engage in casual stereotyping.

Why do you say racist things if you aren't a racist?  What kind of things are you talking about?

soccercrazymom1
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 3:54 PM
I'm white, I'm only attracted to white men that doesn't make me racist, it's just my preference. It doesn't mean I don't like black/Asian men, it just means I don't find them sexually attractive. I have family members that are married to black men/women and I generally like them. I have a cousin that is married to a black guy and I do not like him, not because he is black but because he is just an ass.
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Everybody says stupid shit...I'm not ashamed to admit that I do too.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I'm curious as to if the people attempting to label you as racist think the same over Joe Biden, who has made many similar statements, only difference is I don't think Joe views his statements as racist or even inappropriate. 

Quoting UpSheRises: Most people say racist things. Some examples of things I can remember recently:

A friend was complaining about not being able to find a decent bagel in her neighborhood and I told her to go to a city with more Jews.

I also recently said, "only black people eat there" when discussing Popeyes Chicken".

Planning lunch for a playgroup "Do you think the Spanish speakers will be offended if we have a taco bar?"

Quoting PamR:

Quoting UpSheRises: I say racist things sometimes but I am not racist person in general. I would never pass judgement on an individual but, like most people, in engage in casual stereotyping.

Why do you say racist things if you aren't a racist?  What kind of things are you talking about?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)