Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Searching out protestors from yesterday...wdyt?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM
  • 138 Replies
I've seen online tweets like this, articles saying that protestors have been identified with some saying they didn't expect the pictures to go viral, and other people figuring out the names and workplaces of these protestors, some saying they'll probably get fired and stuff

Wdyt? Fair or making a bad thing even worse?
by on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I just hope people are accurate with people's identities. Going to public protests like this can have possible consequences. I think ultimately, going after this group is just going to cause them to get crazier.
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM
9 moms liked this
Well, if they want to proclaim their views in public, they have that right. However, no one is protected from the consequences of their words or actions they do publicly state.

They chose to march without hoods and make themselves known, their employers also have the choice to distance themselves from the hate and bigotry they spewed...
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Expected. Anonymity is a thing of the past. One of my Officers has a saying that I've tried to take to heart: Don't do in the dark what you wouldn't do in the light. Bring the actions of these people into the light and let them own what they did.

Wait, who exactly are you referring to when you say protesters?
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:01 PM
People are working on identifying the white supremacists from the protest, who marched openly.

Peter Cvjetanovic was one of the ones with a torch who was identified, and he's the one who gave an interview after stating he was surprised it went viral...he's since deleted his social media.

Quoting LauraKW: Expected. Anonymity is a thing of the past. One of my Officers has a saying that I've tried to take to heart: Don't do in the dark what you wouldn't do in the light. Bring the actions of these people into the light and let them own what they did.

francee89
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
“I did not expect the photo to be shared as much as it was. I understand the photo has a very negative connotation. But I hope that the people sharing the photo are willing to listen that I’m not the angry racist they see in that photo.”

Poor baby hopes that we're all willing to listen and learn that he's not an angry racist, he's more of a calm and rational racist.

Quoting LucyMom08: People are working on identifying the white supremacists from the protest, who marched openly.

Peter Cvjetanovic was one of the ones with a torch who was identified, and he's the one who gave an interview after stating he was surprised it went viral...he's since deleted his social media.

Quoting LauraKW: Expected. Anonymity is a thing of the past. One of my Officers has a saying that I've tried to take to heart: Don't do in the dark what you wouldn't do in the light. Bring the actions of these people into the light and let them own what they did.

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Sounds eerily similar to the way (lower tech of course) that the Nazis controlled the masses.

You guys are on the wrong side of history

Quoting LucyMom08: People are working on identifying the white supremacists from the protest, who marched openly.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM
Ok good, that's what I was thinking. But then I was wondering if I misunderstood and the white supremacists were trying to hunt down people using pics and video from yesterday. That I could never condone. Thanks for clarifying.

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
12 moms liked this
You will never be able to convince me that standing up and speaking out against Nazis and the KKK is, in any way, a bad thing.

White supremacy is indefensible, and absolutely should be denounced. You know who I learned that from? My grandfather, who almost lost his life while fighting Nazis.

If you feel any sympathy, or need to defend, these white supremacists, that is your issue. I'll ALWAYS choose the side that condemns them.

Quoting Billiejeens: Sounds eerily similar to the way (lower tech of course) that the Nazis controlled the masses.

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:12 PM
In today's world, how can anyone think anything done is public is private? There are cameras everywhere (security and cell phone).

If they caused damage at the event, yes, seek them out and punish them (arrest, fine, whatever). Should they be fired for it? I'm not sure. It wasn't work related unless they were wearing a branded work shirt (then I could see employers being mad).
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Calling out Nazis is just like being a Nazi?

You sure about that?

Quoting Billiejeens: Sounds eerily similar to the way (lower tech of course) that the Nazis controlled the masses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)