Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Young Turks

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:11 PM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your thoughts on them? 

Their YT channel is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Yes they are considered progressive and somewhat lib but they are probably the most blunt political and current event dialogue out there right now. 

by on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I lovem. i dont always agree with them but ive watched them for many years at this point. they state any bias they have but they will give kudos and condem based on a persons action  even if they dont like it. they can cover really funny topics but most of it is political. but they do dumb down the politics so the common man can understand without using the political rederect that confuses most. :)

Lolitalux
by Lola on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:36 PM
I love them. They are so informed and I like where they stand on most issues
Quakercaoimhe
by Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:39 PM

Fuck them. Armenian genocide deny shitwits. 

SuG4
by Firestarter on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:40 PM
Like them. The one guy on there who does old movies intros for TCM is FINE!! The Middle eastern guy used to be on MSNBC. I remember him from the the first Obama election season. They're fair.
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:42 PM
I think they are boring and cliche. They say lots of inflammatory things, they don't engage in actual journalism, and they don't have an interesting perspective.

They are a bunch of loudmouths and I don't like that...talking over each other. That's my biggest problem.
msb64
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 8:44 PM

I enjoy them but readily admit that I tend to read Cenk Uygur more than listen to "Young Turks".

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 9:04 PM

wait what?!  anna K is armanian and theyve talked about it plenty and completely acknowledge that it happened.

we are talking about a show not a group of people from turkey 

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Fuck them. Armenian genocide deny shitwits. 

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 9:05 PM

the young turks have been around much longer then his short time on msnbc. he got fired bc they wanted to censor him. did they not realize who they hired? his name is cenk btw :)

Quoting SuG4: Like them. The one guy on there who does old movies intros for TCM is FINE!! The Middle eastern guy used to be on MSNBC. I remember him from the the first Obama election season. They're fair.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 9:06 PM

well it is his show :P

Quoting msb64:

I enjoy them but readily admit that I tend to read Cenk Uygur more than listen to "Young Turks".

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 9:08 PM

.... inflamatory to who? they again, cover good and bad things of all people they cover. if the person like trumps does nothing but shitty things, they report shitty things though i have heard many times they have given hm kudos even tho they dont like it. the "real" journalism is done on the channel. do more research. who do you think started the hub bub media wise of the dakota pipeline. tyt.  i guess being passionate isnt allowed when they get upset about things happening in america or to americans huh?

Quoting UpSheRises: I think they are boring and cliche. They say lots of inflammatory things, they don't engage in actual journalism, and they don't have an interesting perspective. They are a bunch of loudmouths and I don't like that...talking over each other. That's my biggest problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)