Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Both Sides Had Permits

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM
  • 48 Replies
by on Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Quakercaoimhe
by Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Why on Earth do folks need a permit to protest? 

Also, Nazis should never ever be allowed to protest. The world needs to stop giving them a playform to spew their hate. They have no legitimate argument. 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Well this is not good news for some in here lmao....one KKK post is based on the "right to assemble" and the counter protestors didnt have that same right.

Egg on the face must be kind of a normal thing now though for that poster :-D

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM
5 moms liked this
If I had a nickel for the amount of times, since Saturday, that I heard that the Nazis had a permit and the other side didn't, I'd be rich.

Quoting turtle68:

Well this is not good news for some in here lmao....one KKK post is based on the "right to assemble" and the counter protestors didnt have that same right.

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree with your first sentence. I thought we had a Constitutional right to assemble and protest, why do have to go through bureaucratic bullshit in order to exercise a Constitutional right???

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Why on Earth do folks need a permit to protest? Also, Nazis should never ever be allowed to protest. The world needs to stop giving them a playform to spew their hate. They have no legitimate argument. 

niceandhappy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Freedom of Speech = The First Ammendment. Gives them the right. Just like it gives BLM the right to chant "What do we want?" "Dead cops" "When do we want it?" "Now". Both groups spew despicable rhetoric, but it's their right as Americans.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:24 PM
To utilize the park??

Quoting SunshneDaydream: I totally agree with your first sentence. I thought we had a Constitutional right to assemble and protest, why do have to go through bureaucratic bullshit in order to exercise a Constitutional right???

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

Why on Earth do folks need a permit to protest? Also, Nazis should never ever be allowed to protest. The world needs to stop giving them a playform to spew their hate. They have no legitimate argument. 

SunshneDaydream
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:26 PM
A public park???

Quoting ILive4This: To utilize the park??

Quoting SunshneDaydream: I totally agree with your first sentence. I thought we had a Constitutional right to assemble and protest, why do have to go through bureaucratic bullshit in order to exercise a Constitutional right???

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

If someone is marching down the middle of the street and I am shopping and turn and look and scream "hey racists twats....go home" does that mean I have somehow formed assembly and now need a permit to counter protest.  Its stupid.

I didnt think counter protestors needed a permit on the most part, those who assembled because they knew the white supremacists were marching...well looks like they had a permit after all.  That is funny...where do the trumpettes go from here?  How do they spin the alternate facts here?

Quoting ILive4This: If I had a nickel for the amount of times, since Saturday, that I heard that the Nazis had a permit and the other side didn't, I'd be rich.
Quoting turtle68:

MissAndree
by Ronita on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:37 PM
5 moms liked this
No room for facts, now come on. Next thing you know, you will expect them to understand the history and intent behind the actual statues at the center of this debate. You will be sorely disappointed on every count, I'm afraid!
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Aug. 17, 2017 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Apparently people don't want to bother reading, nor comprehend what they read. And good going on the false title Politifake. Let's talk more about fake news.

ONE group (not Antifa, not BLM, but one obscure group) got a permit to protest in parks NEARBY. Not where the KKK protest was.

two permits were granted for counter protesters in the city. According to records obtained by LawNewz, Walter Heinecke applied and was approved for two permits for his group, Peoples Action For Racial Justice

“I did get the permits to protest at two adjacent parks,” he said in an interview

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)