Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where r these statues????

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
  • 260 Replies
12 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Where are these statues? For everyone who preaches that the Civil War statues need to remain because it's a reminder of a time that we never want to go back to I ask you where are the statues that depict slavery, these soldiers, and FREEDOM??? Those are the statues that should be up that will remind us of a time that we never want to go back to. The statues you speak of are of Civil War soldiers that were erected due to their bravery and patriotism during the Civil War. Do you know how one-sided that is? Do you understand how disrespectful that is to African Americans?
Tell me, where are the statues that honor the slaves and their freedom from slavery? That's what the Civil War was all about. We shouldn't just have statues of Civil War soldiers who fought to keep slavery we need statues honoring the end of slavery, the result and outcome of the civil war. We have statues down here in North Carolina all of Civil War soldiers and they call it the war of Northern aggression. What is that about? It is time to take down those monuments and those statues and put them in a museum or put them in a confederate cemetery.
Nobody is saying to erase history or rewrite history. We are saying that it is time to honor history in a more respectful way. It is time to honor and depict the Civil War for what it truly was, the end of slavery.
It is time to put those statues at rest.
by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuG4
by Firestarter on Aug. 19, 2017 at 2:29 AM
3 moms liked this
💚💚💚💯
bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 4:51 AM
6 moms liked this

Absolutely they should be made - they can use the metal from the ones they are taking down.  By the way a lot of those were made in the 20's and 30's and financed by the KKK.

Grapenutfun
by Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 6:56 AM
Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!

*by the way- I got accused by some ding dong of being you! I was like who the hell is pastalove? I never saw you in that room either but she was saying I was you. I walked away, ridiculous.
readyforhim
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:04 AM
4 moms liked this
The supporters of the statues seem to value the wrong things.

Many should be forced to read history books... slowly.
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:05 AM
4 moms liked this
Yes those should be put up but we shouldn't be taking the others down. The civil war wasn't just about slavery people don't understand that. Also if people are taking those who owned slaves and faught for what they believed to be right are you going to remove George Washington because he owned slaves? All the crap that is happening is dividing people again so at the rate we are going history is repeating itself
honeyrder
by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Put your money where your mouth is.
MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.

If we must keep confederate statues up bring on statues of these brave true American heroes.

After all we won the war!!

nb34
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 8:01 AM
3 moms liked this

We can do a go fund me to finance it!

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:49 AM
4 moms liked this
They lost. It's over. Racists shouldn't be glorified.

Ever.

Quoting Rhiannon1980: Yes those should be put up but we shouldn't be taking the others down. The civil war wasn't just about slavery people don't understand that. Also if people are taking those who owned slaves and faught for what they believed to be right are you going to remove George Washington because he owned slaves? All the crap that is happening is dividing people again so at the rate we are going history is repeating itself
Kwitcherbetchen
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:52 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)