Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third time's the charm: Trump repeatedly tweets 'heel' while trying to spell 'heal'

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM
  • 45 Replies
President Trump twice sent out, then quickly deleted, a tweet calling on the U.S. to "heel," before finally getting the spelling right on Saturday.

"Our great country has been divided for decade,but it will come together again.Sometimes protest is needed in order to heel,and heel we will!", he said in a tweet that was quickly removed. Politwoops, a project of ProPublica which tracks deleted tweets from public officials, archived the deleted note.

Moments later, he tweeted a similar message, with proper spacing, but also still featured "heel" instead of "heal." "Our great country has been divided for decades. Sometimes you need protest in order to heel, & we will heel, & be stronger than ever before!", the second tweet said.

He then deleted that tweet, and replaced it with a third, using the word "heal."

Trump has deleted tweets in the past, including one in May when he abrutply ended an incomplete thought with "covfefe," which earned him widespread mocking on the Internet. In June, Trump was sued by two groups, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive, in part over his deleted tweets, accusing him of breaking federal law by destroying federal records.

Regarding the Twitter flubs on Saturday, the Merriam-Webster dictionary trolled the president with a tweet explaining the difference between "heel", "heal" and "he'll".

About an hour earlier on Saturday, Trump tweeted words of support for Boston city officials as thousands of protesters took to the streets, calling out what he called "anti-police agitators."

"Looks like many anti-police agitators in Boston," Trump tweeted. "Police are looking tough and smart! Thank you."

He also praised Boston's mayor, Marty Walsh, in another tweet.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/third-times-the-charm-trump-repeatedly-tweets-heel-while-trying-to-spell-heal/article/2632055
by on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
francee89
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
A very good brain.
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:29 PM
Omfg. This is getting stupid. Everyone know that autocorrect fucks up shit.
Damn. WTF
francee89
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Of course autocorrect happens. That's why proofreading exists, and would be easy to catch if one knows the difference between heel, heal and he'll.

Quoting billsfan1104: Omfg. This is getting stupid. Everyone know that autocorrect fucks up shit.
Damn. WTF
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:32 PM
People sometimes don't proofread, and just post. It happens ALL the time.
I am sure he knows the difference, but sometimes my phone autocorrects when it shouldn't and I don't realize it until after I post it.

Quoting francee89: Of course autocorrect happens. That's why proofreading exists, and would be easy to catch if one knows the difference between heel, heal and he'll.

Quoting billsfan1104: Omfg. This is getting stupid. Everyone know that autocorrect fucks up shit.
Damn. WTF
francee89
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this
So the President of the United States can't bother to proofread things that the White House has called official statements?

And if he knows the difference, why did he tweet it out with the wrong spelling twice?

Quoting billsfan1104: People sometimes don't proofread, and just post. It happens ALL the time.
I am sure he knows the difference, but sometimes my phone autocorrects when it shouldn't and I don't realize it until after I post it.

Quoting francee89: Of course autocorrect happens. That's why proofreading exists, and would be easy to catch if one knows the difference between heel, heal and he'll.

Damn. WTF
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:37 PM
I am not worried about it and I don't know. Mistakes happen.
Auto correct happens. I think that he should be cut some slack.

Quoting francee89: So the President of the United States can't bother to proofread things that the White House has called official statements?

And if he knows the difference, why did he tweet it out with the wrong spelling twice?

Quoting billsfan1104: People sometimes don't proofread, and just post. It happens ALL the time.

Damn. WTF
KittyMom1026
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:38 PM
4 moms liked this

You know she's going to make excuses for him, don't you?

Quoting francee89: So the President of the United States can't bother to proofread things that the White House has called official statements? And if he knows the difference, why did he tweet it out with the wrong spelling twice?
Quoting billsfan1104: People sometimes don't proofread, and just post. It happens ALL the time. I am sure he knows the difference, but sometimes my phone autocorrects when it shouldn't and I don't realize it until after I post it.
Quoting billsfan1104: Omfg. This is getting stupid. Everyone know that autocorrect fucks up shit. Damn. WTF

Myahny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:41 PM
8 moms liked this

We've lowered our expectation of what a President should be & act like to the point that the fact that he's educationally stupid doesn't matter.   How sad is that? 

francee89
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Given how many times he's outright called other people stupid or bragged about his IQ or things like having a "very good brain", I personally think it's either hilarious that he doesn't know the difference between third grade homophones, or sad that's he's too lazy to proofread his official statements. Or both.

Quoting billsfan1104: I am not worried about it and I don't know. Mistakes happen.

Quoting francee89: So the President of the United States can't bother to proofread things that the White House has called official statements?

Damn. WTF
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Ok. You can be in a tizzy about it.

Quoting francee89: Given how many times he's outright called other people stupid or bragged about his IQ or things like having a "very good brain", I personally think it's either hilarious that he doesn't know the difference between third grade homophones, or sad that's he's too lazy to proofread his official statements. Or both.

Quoting billsfan1104: I am not worried about it and I don't know. Mistakes happen.

Damn. WTF
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)