Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breitbart Runs Sunday Hit Piece Against Ivanka & Donald...

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM
  • 65 Replies
The political world was taken by surprise this past week when, on Friday, it came out that top presidential confidante and White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon would be departing the Trump Administration. A short while after the initial flurry of news reports about Bannon’s departure, it came out that he would be rejoining his old news organization, Breitbart.

The question immediately arose of how Bannon — and, more specifically, Breitbart — would react to the president’s chief strategist leaving Washington. Would the ultra right wing rag turn against the president? Would leaks about the inner workings of the administration from a “former top administration official” soon show up in the publication?

We now have an at least a partial answer.

On Sunday, Breitbart blasted a story with the following headline across their front page:

‘Report: Ivanka Trump Helped Push Steve Bannon Out Of The White House’
The story links to a report from the Daily Mail that makes the claims reflected in the Breitbart headline. The Daily Mail report begins with the following sensational claim:

‘Donald Trump’s controversial aide Steve Bannon was ‘pushed out’ by his daughter Ivanka and her husband because his far-Right views clashed with their Jewish faith, according to Washington sources.’
Check out a screenshot of the Sunday morning/ early afternoon Breitbart front page — in its full anti-Trump glory — below.

Untold numbers of far right Republicans look to Breitbart as an opinion setter — and as of Sunday afternoon, the conspiratorial rag is slowly but surely turning against the president. In other words, the president’s insistence upon surrounding himself only with people who are supremely loyal to him is backfiring big time.

Breitbart isn’t the first ultraconservative internet rag to turn on the Trump Administration, with the Drudge Report having long decided to go with running hits on the White House. Matt Drudge simply isn’t impressed with the president’s incompetence.

Still, Breitbart arguably has a much higher profile than the Drudge Report, so for Breitbart to run this personal hit on the president’s daughter is a major move.

Will the president care? It’s hard to say, and it likely depends upon how aggressive Breitbart actually gets in their future attacks on the Trump Administration.

http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/08/20/breitbart-runs-sunday-hit-piece-against-ivanka-donald-war-has-begun/
by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:20 PM
And her fathers far right views don't?

It's was obvious and reported on NPR days ahead of this after Bannan gave that interview -he was either leaving OR hoping to be pushed out.

Trump has lost so much credibility he will NEVER attract intelligent qualified people to fill all the open positions in his administration.
AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Does this mean Breitbart is fake news, too?

Meepandstitch2
by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought everyone who hated Trump on here wanted Bannon out?

PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:21 PM

I'm pretty sure Bannon was at odds with Ivanka for quite some time and she had made it clear she didn't care for him, but I could be wrong.

Bannon is pissed he's gone apparently. We'll see how far he and Breitbart take it.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Aug. 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought he was going to war FOR trump.....Im not sure...but ...this seems like the opposite LMAO

SeanandNoahsmom
by Dawn on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Here is what I found confusing: he said Trumps presidency was over, yet also said he'd stand behind Trump 100%, and would continue fighting for his agenda behind the scenes through Breitbart. (?)

But yes, this is clearly an angry post.

Quoting PPCLC:

I'm pretty sure Bannon was at odds with Ivanka for quite some time and she had made it clear she didn't care for him, but I could be wrong.

Bannon is pissed he's gone apparently. We'll see how far he and Breitbart take it.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:22 PM

My thought was that he was "going to war" against anyone in the Trump administration that he felt was detrimental to Trump's messaging and goals, if that makes sense.  I always thought that Ivanka and Jared would be first on the chopping block.

Quoting turtle68:

I thought he was going to war FOR trump.....Im not sure...but ...this seems like the opposite LMAO

MissAndree
by Ronita on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:22 PM
I did. And I could not be more thrilled about his return to Breitbart. This is fantastic!

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

jpickens
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
😂😂😂😂😂 This shit is funny to me.

Quoting MissAndree: I did. And I could not be more thrilled about his return to Breitbart. This is fantastic!

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

MissAndree
by Ronita on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
It's going to be so entertaining!

Quoting jpickens: 😂😂😂😂😂 This shit is funny to me.

Quoting MissAndree: I did. And I could not be more thrilled about his return to Breitbart. This is fantastic!

Quoting Meepandstitch2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)