Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Solar Eclipse-edit to add

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:14 PM
  • 86 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Is anyone watching it?? I will be watching it steaming live.
But for some reason I am paranoid. I have told my kids several hundred thousand times to not look at the sun and promise me they won't. Hahahahah.
I am never paranoid about stuff.

Add on:
I loved how this country came together for a couple of hours to watch a cool thing. No fighting, no arguing, just something that brought us together. Even for a few moments.

Picture is from the 82nd Airbourne from Ft Bragg.
by on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msb64
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM

If you are in NY, I guess you're pretty far from the ecipse but at least you get a partial.  We are close but not quite and definitely not traveling to get closer.  We have the glasses and I'm excited.  Will definitely be leaving the pets inside.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:24 PM
We will get about 71%. I have friends that went to KY and got the glasses and everything.
I am excited about this too. It will neat to experience and I read it will come back in 28 years.

Quoting msb64:

If you are in NY, I guess you're pretty far from the ecipse but at least you get a partial.  We are close but not quite and definitely not traveling to get closer.  We have the glasses and I'm excited.  Will definitely be leaving the pets inside.

CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:24 PM
We didn't t get glasses, so I think we will just watch it online.
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Where I live IRL gets about 97% totality but we took a small road trip so we will get 100%. I'm nervous about my kids looking too, lol.
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:46 PM

It'll be 90% here. I-57 south was clogged with people driving down to Carbondale (southern IL), where it will be 100%. I don't care that much. I'll prob check out internet or tv coverage.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I heard that Oregons mayor called for a state of Emergency because of the influx of people coming in.

Quoting ILive4This:

It'll be 90% here. I-57 south was clogged with people driving down to Carbondale (southern IL), where it will be 100%. I don't care that much. I'll prob check out internet or tv coverage.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:05 PM

wow, that's crazy. Someone on my FB was driving north on 57, and videotaped the traffic on the other side. It was absolutely crazy. Miles of cars sitting still...one lane closed for construction. I bet the truckers were pissed.

Quoting billsfan1104: I heard that Oregons mayor called for a state of Emergency because of the influx of people coming in.
Quoting ILive4This:

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:26 PM

I work in a retail store & we had 106 phone calls today asking if we had the solar eclipse glasses.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

In case you ladies wanted to see total eclipse, right now
AdrianneHill
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Im at 100%. We've got a graveyard we're going to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)