Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump’s Response to Crash of USS John McCain Left Reporters, Navy Baffled

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM
  • 64 Replies
At 5:24PM ET Sunday afternoon, the USS John S. McCain, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer, collided with a Liberian merchant vessel off the coast of Singapore.

According to a statement by the U.S. Navy, ten sailors on board are still missing, and search and rescue efforts are underway. Five sailors were injured in the collision, four of whom were medically evacuated to a Singapore hospital.

While the ship suffered damage to its port side, it was able to sail back to port at Changi Naval Base in Singapore on its own.

When asked about the collision on Sunday, President Trump initially had an oddly muted response, saying only:

“That’s too bad.”

http://secondnexus.com/politics-and-economics/trumps-initial-response-to-crash/?utm_content=inf_10_1164_2&tse_id=INF_4e5656b0867b11e7a25233ff5ad8dbb3
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM
18 moms liked this
He was more upset over Nordstroms dropping his daughter's product.
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:44 AM
5 moms liked this
He's mad at John McCain for voting no on the crappy healthcare bill. So of course anything named after John McCain, is on his shit list too. I'm sure that makes sense in his Trumpian. head
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:49 AM
5 moms liked this
One of his press conferences, I think that nutty one after Charlottesville, someone asked him about McCain and he kept saying "John McCain, the guy who voted against the healthcare bill?" He's got SUCH a grudge now.

Quoting ILive4This: He's mad at John McCain for voting no on the crappy healthcare bill. So of course anything named after John McCain, is on his shit list too. I'm sure that makes sense in his Trumpian. head
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM
Yes, I heard that embarrassing tirade. He said it like three times, John McCain? Which John McCain? The one that didn't vote for you to have good health care?

Quoting jessilin0113: One of his press conferences, I think that nutty one after Charlottesville, someone asked him about McCain and he kept saying "John McCain, the guy who voted against the healthcare bill?" He's got SUCH a grudge now.

Quoting ILive4This: He's mad at John McCain for voting no on the crappy healthcare bill. So of course anything named after John McCain, is on his shit list too. I'm sure that makes sense in his Trumpian. head
jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! It was ridiculous and petty. So par for the course, I guess.

Quoting ILive4This: Yes, I heard that embarrassing tirade. He said it like three times, John McCain? Which John McCain? The one that didn't vote for you to have good health care?

Quoting jessilin0113: One of his press conferences, I think that nutty one after Charlottesville, someone asked him about McCain and he kept saying "John McCain, the guy who voted against the healthcare bill?" He's got SUCH a grudge now.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM
7 moms liked this
What?? That's it? Okey doke...another bizarre reaction that I'm sure someone here will b more than happy to explain to us why it was 100% perfect.
cupcake7734
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I thought one requirement of a president was that they had to be an adult. This one obviously missed that memo.
squeekers
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Why ask the man who doesn't care, about his opinion?
numbr1wmn
by Lina on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:13 PM

You ever think that he just didn't hear the question when there are several reporters screaming at the same time?

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:18 PM
No

Quoting numbr1wmn:

You ever think that he just didn't hear the question when there are several reporters screaming at the same time?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)