Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you rather?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:54 PM
  • 50 Replies

Keep script drugs or if pot fixed or helped the issues the script drugs help, only have pot available?

by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

msb64
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Pot.  I hadn't smoked it since the 80s but I suffer pretty badly from anxiety.  I have avoided prescriptions as I don't like the side effects but recently found that just minimal usage of pot has alleviated my symptoms to the point that I am really functional.  I feel silly using a college friend of my daughter's to get my "meds" and wish it were legally available.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 7:18 PM

so many medications now have such awful side affect. the only known side affects for SOME people with using pot is sometimes it can trigger paranoia and anxiety, but it all dependso nthe amount ad how its ingested. that and a rare allergy.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Marijuana, absolutely. Drugs are poison, pretty much across the board. Horrible side-effects. Weed doesn't  have that problem.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister and I procured weed for my dad when he was going through chemo. We made him brownies. Less poison he had to take. After a few treaments, he decided to forgo chemo, much to our delight.

Quoting msb64:

Pot.  I hadn't smoked it since the 80s but I suffer pretty badly from anxiety.  I have avoided prescriptions as I don't like the side effects but recently found that just minimal usage of pot has alleviated my symptoms to the point that I am really functional.  I feel silly using a college friend of my daughter's to get my "meds" and wish it were legally available.

msb64
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this

My 83 year old mother lives in assisted living and suffers from rheumatoid arthritis.  She has a source.

Quoting ILive4This:

My sister and I procured weed for my dad when he was going through chemo. We made him brownies. Less poison he had to take. After a few treaments, he decided to forgo chemo, much to our delight.

Quoting msb64:

MissAndree
by Ronita on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM
I wish that I could use mj liberally to get the maximum benefits from it, but I can only use it very sparingly so as not to interfere with my ability to get medical treatment.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:34 PM
MJ should most definitely be approved to relieve pain, as well as relieve eye pressure or glaucoma!!!! Yes, indeed!

But I want it to be MJ without the THC.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:39 PM

For my disabled leg and scoliosis in my lower back, I'd love to use it but still working on getting my card.

However, I am an insulin-dependent diabetic as well, so I am not sure how the pot would work for that.

I am all for medical mj and while Arizona (my state) has legalized it here, there are quite a few rules that go along with it, especially with what they'll cover for a card and won't.

eliptica24
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:07 PM

how so? have you tried ingesting it differently?

Quoting MissAndree: I wish that I could use mj liberally to get the maximum benefits from it, but I can only use it very sparingly so as not to interfere with my ability to get medical treatment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)