Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Deflection/Reset/Change the Narrative Speech

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:36 PM
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this

IMO, no matter what words they write for him, he has NO credibility. This was all about changing the narrative from Charlottesville. Thoughts?

by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:37 PM

Why are we continuing to train these Afghanis who then shoot our soldiers in the back? Afghanistan is a complete waste. Time to come home!

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM

Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA.

iwashere
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:50 PM
4 moms liked this
He is pretty good when he sticks to a script. However, if the last few months have taught us anything, it's that tomorrow is another tweet day.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

IMO, I think he did well during this speech. It helped that he had a teleprompter in front of him and he stayed on track.

When you're first campaigning to be a POTUS to even before that, when you're criticizing the current president and other politicians (often...just because plain), your arrogance and stance of "I can do it better" is going to be glaringly obvious.

However, when you get into that position, things change and/or perspective does.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM

*sigh Yup.

Quoting iwashere: He is pretty good when he sticks to a script. However, if the last few months have taught us anything, it's that tomorrow is another tweet day.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

So, he's a good reader??  I felt nothing behind his words. 

Quoting iwashere: He is pretty good when he sticks to a script. However, if the last few months have taught us anything, it's that tomorrow is another tweet day.

ILive4This
by Robin on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

He said, "we've always prevailed". Hey Chuckles....Viet Nam?? Heard of it?

iwashere
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM
6 moms liked this
He's the best reader. Really. He's met other readers and he's the best.

Quoting ILive4This:

So, he's a good reader??  I felt nothing behind his words. 

Myahny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Wag the dog.   

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 1:15 AM
3 moms liked this

honestly the press should just stop asking him anything about anything, they should stop going to the press meetings with whomever is speaking for him at the moment, and stop giving him air time - then just go by the leaks 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)