Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This meme is part of the problem

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
  • 52 Replies

Mobile Photo

Thoughts?

by on Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SkippyDo
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:52 AM

I saw something like that recently.  An extremly overweight man, probably in his 30's was walking around like that in an outdoor shopping mall.  I told my son we should call the police and report him for indecent exposure.

I don't understand the point of it.  He would pull them up every couple of steps and was already walking with his legs WAY far apart like he had been riding a horse for 12 hours.

I don't get it.  

Edited to add that I don't care for the flag either.

KaleaLani
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM
8 moms liked this
Fashion trends come and go. There have been many over the centuries that have been considered stupid, gross, ridiculous, scandalous, etc. They all had their day and we moved on to something new eventually.

Racism, slavery, and hate will never be acceptable. Symbols of such are never "non offensive" to civilized, enlightened individuals.
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Aug. 26, 2017 at 11:58 AM
7 moms liked this
If you're assuming only black people wear their pants like that, you're assuming wrong.
Momoffour83
by on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Why would a flag offend me? Showing your underwear is more offensive than a flag that can be taken down
survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this

they both offend me and what the meme is communicating is offensive as well.

I dont need coddled or therapy due to the level of offense in the world but I am wise enough to know that offending people is not the way to live.

mommy_jules
by Julie on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:18 PM
I find that style to be stupid looking, but it does not offend me. That flag on the other hand does not in of itself offend me, but people clinging to it like it is some sort of loved one or something and trying to make it out to stand for all things southern offends me. The way people idolize it, offends me. It's this idolization (is that word?) that makes so many others see all southerns as racist rednecks. That flag does not represent MY southern heritage. Yes, the South has an ugly past, but I'm not going to celebrate it.
Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Slavery and white supremacy are offensive.

I don't care what other people wear. It doesn't affect me in any way unless they stink. Then I just distance myself. Clothes are overrated and people wearing expensive, "proper" clothes can be just as big of assholes as those with lrss expensive or "less proper" clothes. Often even bigger assholes.
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly this!

Quoting KaleaLani: Fashion trends come and go. There have been many over the centuries that have been considered stupid, gross, ridiculous, scandalous, etc. They all had their day and we moved on to something new eventually.

Racism, slavery, and hate will never be acceptable. Symbols of such are never "non offensive" to civilized, enlightened individuals.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM
4 moms liked this

What the flag represents to those who believe that the color of their skin somehow makes them more "supreme" above all others, is what is offensive.

The flag can be removed yet the racist sentiments can remain and THAT is what truly offends.

As for the pants...this is a look that has been going on for decades and yes, it's an unattractive, ridiculous look. However, it's not just POC who are wearing them this way so whomever made this meme might need to get in touch with some research on this.

Mrs_Sweet
by Member on Aug. 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed! This flag is offensive. You might as well hang a banner that says, "Raging racist lives here."

I don't find the clothing offensive, just ridiculous.

Quoting Lady_Facetious: Slavery and white supremacy are offensive.

I don't care what other people wear. It doesn't affect me in any way unless they stink. Then I just distance myself. Clothes are overrated and people wearing expensive, "proper" clothes can be just as big of assholes as those with lrss expensive or "less proper" clothes. Often even bigger assholes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)