Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump says he's considering July 4 parade 'to show our military strength'

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM
  • 22 Replies
President Donald Trump on Monday raved about France's Bastille Day parade and said he is considering having his own military procession in Washington on July 4.

"We're actually thinking about, Fourth of July, Pennsylvania Avenue, having a really great parade to show our military strength," the president said before a bilateral meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron as part of a week of United Nations events.
In France, the July 14 national holiday commemorates the storming of the Bastille prison in 1789, as part of the French Revolution.

Trump visited France earlier this year during Bastille Day, seeing a display of the country's military in Paris.

Trump has long shown interest in displaying American military might

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/18/trump-tells-macron-hes-considering-july-4-military-parade.html
by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM
4 moms liked this
This is something that tends to happen in dictatorships. You know, Russia, North Korea, etc. Bastille Day is something a lot different from what Independence Day is too. So it isn't comparable.
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM

SO?

KittyMom1026
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Remember that he wanted military tanks and equipment in his inaugural parade? He was told we don't allow that in this country. I'm sure he was thinking, but, but, but, Hitler did it. Kim jon-Un does it, so why can't I??? 

meriana
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Kim Jong-Un does this so since he showed off his military might, Trump wants to show ours off. Sounds a lot like a, that's nice but mines bigger and better, type of thing. School yard bullies.

Hottmomma607
by NOLA T. on Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
When is he going to stop playing president? And start acting like one?
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:11 PM
The tanks would tear up the roads on top of all the other equipment.

Would he personally pay for the repairs?

Quoting KittyMom1026:

Remember that he wanted military tanks and equipment in his inaugural parade? He was told we don't allow that in this country. I'm sure he was thinking, but, but, but, Hitler did it. Kim jon-Un does it, so why can't I??? 

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Never.

Hs a reality show hack who thinks its just another horse and pony show he has to destroy.

Quoting Hottmomma607: When is he going to stop playing president? And start acting like one?
Healthystart30
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:16 PM
They have jobs to do! Parading around to boost Trumps ego isn't one of them.

Quoting billsfan1104:

SO?

Hottmomma607
by NOLA T. on Sep. 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM
It really is sad! 😐

Quoting -Celestial-: Never.

Hs a reality show hack who thinks its just another horse and pony show he has to destroy.

Quoting Hottmomma607: When is he going to stop playing president? And start acting like one?
Pastalove
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 11:53 PM
So? That's the best you got? So you're ok with the Prez showing off his big dick, oops I mean his military? Because you realize that's all it's about for him, his ego.

Quoting billsfan1104:

SO?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)