Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate in My Town

Ms.KitKat
and so the count down begins...
Yesterday at 4:43 PM
Ed Sheeran Autumn Leaves lyrics (2).mp4

Ed Sheeran ED SHEERAN ed sheeran Ed sheeran ed Sheeran

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is [edited out]. I was born and raised in this town. It is my favorite place on Earth and this community is made of my favorite people. 

This morning I woke up to terrible news. The Airport Diner in Sussex was vandalized by heartless people whose goal was to spread hate and fear.

23959700_1505685744.1996_funddescription.jpg

23959700_1505684833.2137_funddescription.jpg
Not only did these hate-filled people vandalize the building as you can see above, but the shed and outdoor freezer outside were broken into and all of the food products and supplies the owner had inside were destroyed and/or thrown into the yard to spoil. Hundreds of dollars of food and supplies were lost.

23959700_1505688269.3356_funddescription.jpg
The screens over the windows need to be replaced because the spray paint used to create the language and symbols displayed have permanently stained them.

We have painted the building. None of the hate is visible anymore, but all of the supplies cost Frankie and his employee's hard-earned money that could have and should have been used for other things... Not to cover up the mess of hate-filled vandals.

23959700_1505685500.9493_funddescription.jpg
I created this GoFundMe for the owner of the Airport Diner, Frankie,  who has been the owner of the Airport Diner for 12 years. He is a man of few words, but all he was able to say today is "Why?"

The goal is to raise $1,500 for Frankie and the Airport Diner. This $1,500 will go towards replacing all of the food and materials lost, the screens, and will cover all paint and supplies used to remove the hate on the walls and windows. 

Frankie and his staff are already so grateful for all of the support they have received from this community.  This community has come together to make it known that hate does not belong here. And it never will. This is OUR town. 

Any amount will help the Airport Diner, Frankie, and his staff, and I am hoping that this financial relief will come soon. If you have anything to give, please do so. 

This is our Town. Let's show all of the hate what we are made of, and let's get the Airport Diner the relief they need.

Thank you so much for reading this, and for being an integral piece of this community. Please donate if you can, please share this as far and wide as you can.  

Hate has No Place Here.

Love Always Wins.

Love you All, 

This came across in facebook. There is a gofundme account associated with this. So far they have raised just over $2,000. FTR: This is not me. This is not my town. I am not asking for a donation.

This is my state though. In reality, this could very well happen in your town and in your state. Just sharing because everyone needs to know there is hate hidden in our towns. We can not be silent about it

by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

HMMMMM worn down building, all of a sudden gets vandalized and now a gofundme account. 

ok.  I will wait for the arrest of the criminal who did this. 

Hottmomma607
by NOLA T. on Sep. 19, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Mmmmmm they need a gofundme accont for whoever sprayed that? They can't spell.
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting billsfan1104:

HMMMMM worn down building, all of a sudden gets vandalized and now a gofundme account. 

ok.  I will wait for the arrest of the criminal who did this. 

Along with the owner isn't Jewish.  

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM

I mentioned this in another post. There is a big difference in 'wannabe ruffian teens' and actual adult hate crimes.

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 19, 2017 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
lol
Ms.KitKat

by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Considering the above posters, I can say, I am not completely surprised.

Diners are a part of the culture in my state. They are known for good food and community. This one is located in the more rural part of the state close to the NY border.

Regardless of the outward aesthetics, if the owners were Jewish or not, the age of the vandals, spelling errors (Really? spelling hotmomma?) hate is hate is hate is hate.

Ms.KitKat

by Ruby Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Here is the diner before it was vandalized by nazis:

Related image

lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Out of curiosity, who do you think grows up to commit adult hate crimes?

Quoting EireLass:

I mentioned this in another post. There is a big difference in 'wannabe ruffian teens' and actual adult hate crimes.

lizzielouaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Poorly educated

Quoting Hottmomma607: Mmmmmm they need a gofundme accont for whoever sprayed that? They can't spell.
msb64
by Platinum Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:30 PM

In my really small community in Virginia we are seeing this ever since Charlottesville and it is heartbreaking.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)