Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Melania Trump to condemn bullying at U.N. luncheon

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM
  • 37 Replies

First lady Melania Trump on Wednesday will advocate for children and will denounce bullying, according to excerpts of her speech for a luncheon at the United Nations.

"No child should ever feel hungry, stalked, frightened, terrorized, bullied, isolated or afraid, with nowhere to turn," the first lady will say, according to excerpts of her speech. "We need to step up, come together, and ensure that our children's future is bright."

Melania Trump said children are "hit first and hardest in any country" when it comes to "drug addiction, bullying, poverty, disease, trafficking, illiteracy, or hunger."

First spouses of world leaders and thought leaders in various communities will be present at the luncheon.

In November, Melania Trump announced her first campaign as first lady would be an anti-bullying initiative. Since then, she has only made a couple of hires and has yet to roll out a plan. Bullying was briefly mentioned in some of her remarks that she will make Wednesday.

Some have noted the irony of Melania Trump's anti-bullying stance given the public ridicule her husband heaps upon those he disagrees with.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/20/melania-trump-un-lunch-bullying-242920

by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
francee89
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:17 AM
4 moms liked this

Wonder if she'll say anything negative about her husband tweeting a fake video of him hitting "Crooked Hillary" with a golf ball?

Oh wait, of course she won't. That would require a spine.

3gr8tKids
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Mean while she's married to one of the biggest bullies on the play ground.
pdxmum
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't believe people fall for the bullshit of the trump family.
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I think this will be lovely.  She seems to be at home with kids and loves kids and they seem drawn to her

AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

She needs to start with her husband.

Sparkles4Lui
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
"No child should ever feel hungry, stalked, frightened, terrorized, bullied, isolated or afraid, with nowhere to turn," the first lady will say, according to excerpts of her speech. "We need to step up, come together, and ensure that our children's future is bright."

Yeah. I believe that. Sure.
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this
The absurdity of her making this sort of speech while married to the most prominent bully in America can't be overstated.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM

The irony of this isn't lost on me and some could even argue that she's married to a big "kid" who needs to grow-up and stop bullying himself.

However, her agenda is focused on actual children and myself, I won't knock her efforts.

She's finding her FLOTUS niche finally, it seems. At least one of them.

Quoting francee89:

First lady Melania Trump on Wednesday will advocate for children and will denounce bullying, according to excerpts of her speech for a luncheon at the United Nations.

Melania Trump said children are "hit first and hardest in any country" when it comes to "drug addiction, bullying, poverty, disease, trafficking, illiteracy, or hunger."

francee89
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Does adult behavior not influence what children see as acceptable and unacceptable?

Quoting PPCLC:

The irony of this isn't lost on me and some could even argue that she's married to a big "kid" who needs to grow-up and stop bullying himself.

However, her agenda is focused on actual children and myself, I won't knock her efforts.

She's finding her FLOTUS niche finally, it seems. At least one of them.

Quoting francee89:

francee89
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Then why doesn't she speak out against people who model poor behavior for the children she loves?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I think this will be lovely.  She seems to be at home with kids and loves kids and they seem drawn to her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)