Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher in AZ alters words of Declaration of Independence

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM
  • 70 Replies

How do you feel? How would you feel as a parent of a student in a similar classroom?

www.abc15.com/news/region-southwest-valley/mesa/mesa-mother-speaks-out-after-teacher-alters-declaration-of-independence

by on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish people would leave well enough alone. These school are going too far and it's sad that they had to remove the kid from her classroom?? I wonder why?
romalove
by Roma on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this

They said what the teacher did ultimately was against school policy, which is good.

There is no reason to change the Declaration of Independence and make it something it isn't.  

Very very odd story.

SRUsarahSC
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:17 PM
8 moms liked this
Don't.alter.historical.documents.

You don't get to rewrite it because it's not PC enough to suit you.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. It seems like there may be some past issues between the teacher and the mother.

Especially since the child was removed from the class.

Quoting romalove:

They said what the teacher did ultimately was against school policy, which is good.

There is no reason to change the Declaration of Independence and make it something it isn't.  

Very very odd story.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:24 PM

It does seem a little vague about that...the removal of the child from the classroom. 

My guess is because the teacher's feelings were hurt.

Quoting billsfan1104: I wish people would leave well enough alone. These school are going too far and it's sad that they had to remove the kid from her classroom?? I wonder why?

PPCLC
by Lisa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:25 PM

I'm wondering the same..if there isn't more to the story with a previous experience (or more) between the Mom and the teacher.

Quoting SuG4: Yes. It seems like there may be some past issues between the teacher and the mother. Especially since the child was removed from the class.
Quoting romalove:

Very very odd story.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

This is how I personally feel about it.

There could have been something else the teacher could have done as far as how things were written then as opposed to how they are now. That some history of the time-frame of the writing of this document to how we look at things now. And so on.

Quoting SRUsarahSC: Don't.alter.historical.documents. You don't get to rewrite it because it's not PC enough to suit you.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM
I hope so, because the teacher getting her feelings hurt seems a bit ridiculous! She might like to grow a spine....:)

Quoting PPCLC:

I'm wondering the same..if there isn't more to the story with a previous experience (or more) between the Mom and the teacher.

Quoting SuG4: Yes. It seems like there may be some past issues between the teacher and the mother.

Especially since the child was removed from the class.

Quoting romalove:

Very very odd story.

PPCLC
by Lisa on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

Quoting romalove:

Very very odd story.

SRUsarahSC
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Anytime history is taught it should be taught with the preface of what the Norms were for the times. Helps keeps things in perspective

Quoting PPCLC:

This is how I personally feel about it.

There could have been something else the teacher could have done as far as how things were written then as opposed to how they are now. That some history of the time-frame of the writing of this document to how we look at things now. And so on.

Quoting SRUsarahSC: Don't.alter.historical.documents.

You don't get to rewrite it because it's not PC enough to suit you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)