Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exactly what type of protest is acceptable?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:38 PM
  • 242 Replies
14 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Exactly what type of protest is acceptable? I ask this question to all Trump supporters. I'm just wondering what is acceptable to you. I can't figure it out. It seems like no matter what kind of protest the black man does, you don't like it, you scream un-American, you scream hatred, you scream boycott, you yell all lives matter, you call them thugs or you call them SOBs. So I am honestly trying to figure out what type of protest is the black man allowed to do that is acceptable in your eyes. Because it appears that no matter what they do they're wrong. Whether it be violence in the streets or peaceful protests such as taking a knee or wearing a T-shirt, you view it as unacceptable, inappropriate and flat out wrong. Do you basically just want the black man to shut up and take it? Because that's what it appears to be. If that's the case then just say it. If that's not the case then please tell me what type of protest the black man is allowed to do that you will not get your panties in a bunch about. Please tell me because I don't honestly know what it is.
by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotspice58
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM
7 moms liked this

Thank you.  They don't want us protesting at all.  And, more importantly, is the fact that this trend is gaining strength.  What's interesting is that in the 60;s, 2 basketball players did the same thing.  Years later, we have to continue to do it.  Has nothing changed?

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:44 PM
33 moms liked this

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:48 PM
Exactly.
SRUsarahSC
by Gold Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:49 PM
13 moms liked this
Non violent and on your own time. When I am on the clock I have a level of behavior that is expected of me and when working I should be leaving my personal stuff off the table. Oh and don't break the law to do it-so if required get a permit and don't play in traffic ( which in my state is illegal). Other than that have at it.

Both BLM and a pro confederate flag group have had protests in my area that I was A OK with because it was peaceful, permitted and no one tried to impede others.
ILive4This
by Robin on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:50 PM
15 moms liked this
Apparently, the only acceptable type of protest, is the protest where black people aren't doing it.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:51 PM
10 moms liked this
Where's the love button? I so need a love button.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

MissAndree
by Ronita on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:53 PM
14 moms liked this
Nothing while black. Or otherwise non white. Or gay, or women.
smalltownmom03
by Bronze Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Exactly

Quoting SRUsarahSC: Non violent and on your own time. When I am on the clock I have a level of behavior that is expected of me and when working I should be leaving my personal stuff off the table. Oh and don't break the law to do it-so if required get a permit and don't play in traffic ( which in my state is illegal). Other than that have at it.

Both BLM and a pro confederate flag group have had protests in my area that I was A OK with because it was peaceful, permitted and no one tried to impede others.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:50 PM

So true. 

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Sister_Someone
by Member on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:50 PM
5 moms liked this

The type that Trump and Trumplings approve of. Which is no type if you are black, female, gay, low-income, uninsured, or marginalized in any other way. You'd have much better luck if you're like Nazi, KKK, anti-choice, or something similarly deplorable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)