Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Antioch Shooter Is Black Power Radical Who Posted That “You’re More Likely To Be Killed By A White Man”

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

Antioch Shooter Is Black Power Radical Who Posted That “You’re More Likely To Be Killed By A White Man”

The Antioch, Tennessee church shooter is an immigrant from Sudan and black power radical with a history of sharing pro-Islamic and anti-Western posts on social media, a review of his Facebook and Twitter accounts reveals.

Before 25-year-old Emanuel Kidega Samson opened fire on churchgoers in Antioch, Tennessee today, he shared a variety of Black Power and anti-police propaganda on his personal Facebook page. In addition, he shared a number of pro-Islamic posts, including a video in which a Muslim activist defends Sharia law. Moreover, Samson frequently shared anti-west posts, at least one of which praised Zimbabwean dictator Robert Mugabe’s wealth confiscation efforts.

On July 8th, 2016, Samson shared a link from a website titled “New Generation Back Council” that falsely claimed “Police Murder a black Panther General execution style and try to cover it up June 23rd 2016.”:

And just last month, Samson shared a post that implied citizens shouldn’t trust police because an account purporting to be an assistant chief of police had shared a racially insensitive meme:

February 27th, Samson, whose Facebook indicates he’s from Khartoum, Sudan, shared a video from Mic that declared “You’re more likely to be killed by a white man than a Muslim terrorist.” On March 2nd, he shared a video from Vox co-founder Ezra Klein warning viewers not to ignore the threat of “white extremism”:

On February 17th, Samson shared a video of Muslim activist Yasmeen Abdel-Magied defending Sharia law against Australian Senator Jacqui Lambie. Samson wrote “You can’t converse with some people, that’s the unfortunate truth. Folk will accept what you have to say when they want/ready to.”:

On July 29th, 2016, Samson shared a video titled “Zimbabwe is taking its diamonds back,” and explained that its dictator Robert Mugabe had “announced that the state will now own all diamonds in the country.” Samson praised Mugabe, whose regime has murdered thousands of civilians and confiscated private property from its citizens of European descent. Samson wrote “Bossman, Bobby back at it again.”:

In another post from February 6th, Samson shared a video that proclaimed “The West Helped Ruin/Continues To Destroy Africa By Providing Loans That African Countries Can’t Afford After They Robbed Africa For 400 Yrs.”:

http://gotnews.com/breaking-antioch-shooter-black-power-radical-posted-youre-likely-killed-white-man/

by on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 25, 2017 at 3:58 PM

Well, that explains why the FBI has opened a Civil Rights Investigation into this.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Is this the owner of your source?  

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/charles-chuck-johnson-gotnews-rolling-stone/

Update, 5/26/2015: On Monday, Twitter permanently suspended Chuck Johnson’s Twitter account, as well as another account, @citizentrolling, he set up in response to the initial suspension. The suspension came in response to a tweet Johnson sent out asking for help “taking out” activist civil rights activist DeRay McKesson. (Johnson has said he was merelyreferring to his reporting and was not making a physical threat.) You can read his lawyer’s letter to Twitter demanding immediate reinstatement here. Read the original piece below:

Hours before I was due to hop in a rental car to drive to his home last week, Charles C. Johnson laid down a new ground rule: He would talk only if I promised not to mention he lived in Fresno. The internet was full of crazy people, after all.

We’d originally arranged to meet weeks before he launched a one-man crusade to out “Jackie,” the woman at the heart of Rolling Stone‘s flawed investigation into campus rape at the University of Virginia. There were already many other examples of his antagonistic brand of online dirt-flinging to discuss. Johnson, a tireless self-promoter, seemed eager to speak—or spar—face-to-face; he even offered to let me stay at his place in California. Now he was asking for privacy.

It was an odd request, considering that the Washington Post had just reported where Johnson lived? and his location was posted on his Twitter page at the time. Not to mention that he had recently published the home addresses of two New York Timesreporters? and he’d just spent two days gleefully airing personal information about a woman he’d never met. (“I’m giving Jackie until later tonight to tell the truth and then I’m going to start revealing everything about her past,” he’d taunted her on Twitter.) Johnson was asking for a degree of respect that he relishes in denying others.

I didn’t agree to Johnson’s ground rule, but he agreed to see me anyway. After five hours in the car, I arrived at my motel to find a fresh set of emails. We could talk, but only if we didn’t go anywhere near his house. On second thought, we couldn’t meet in person at all—he’d traipsed off to LA for some meetings and was planning on staying for another day to do a TV interview. I’d already rearranged my flights after he had forgotten I was coming. Now I’d been snubbed for Larry King.

“I suppose there’s some people who think it’s ironic or whatever,” Johnson said about his desire to conceal his whereabouts when we finally spoke by phone. “I’m just trying not to make it easy on people. There’s a reason I own several guns.”

Johnson had almost immediately called BS on Rolling Stone‘s investigation after it was published in late November. (“That UVA story about that gang rape never happened. We all know it. Why can’t we say it?” he tweeted.) Like most of the story’s skeptics, Johnson zeroed in on its central anecdote, in which a student named Jackie described a brutal gang rape at a fraternity. Johnson hammered the article’s author, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, searching for holes in her previous reporting and wondering whether she was friends with her former University of Pennsylvania classmate, journalistic fabricator Stephen Glass.? After RS conceded that it had found “discrepancies” in Erdely’s reporting, Johnson offered a cash reward to anyone who could tell him who Jackie really was.

Two days later, Johnson published what he claimed was Jackie’s full name at his website, GotNews.com. Then he published photos from her “rape obsessed” Pinterest page. He told me that he paid $200 for the information that led to her.

“It’d be very easy to write a ‘Fuck Charles Johnson’ piece, and in many respects, however you write the story, it doesn’t hurt me either way.”

It was a characteristic performance from the 26-year-old provocateur, who is impatient with journalistic ethics and possessed with an insatiable appetite for personal destruction. He is a subject of mockery on the left and the right due to his blustery self-promotion (“I’m making a list, checking it twice, gonna find out who is naughty…”), baseless speculation (he thinks Barack Obama may be secretly gay), and regular face plants. Last week, he mistakenlyclaimed to have found a photo of Jackie at an anti-rape rally; it was someone else. Still, he defended his “batting average.” (The woman in the photo says she will sue Johnson.) But he is adept at digging up dirt on public and private figures, and even when he’s at his most egregious, he’s hard to ignore.

His other recent antics have included suing for access to Mike Brown’s juvenile records, making the unproven claim that the Ferguson police shooting victim had once been charged in a second-degree murder.? Citing police sources, he accused “street thug” Eric Garner, the Staten Island man who died after being put in a chokehold by a New York City police officer, of domestic abuse. He incorrectly reported that New Jersey had an Ebola case; he then reported that a nurse quarantined in the state was a “left-wing Democrat.” He hijacked the Mississippi Republican primary by offering $1,000 for photos of Sen. Thad Cochran’s wife, who was in a nursing home. And he’s trained his sights on other journalists, such as Wesley Lowery of the Washington Post, whom Johnson said was “obsessed with race”and had shown “overt friendliness in his reporting about Michael Brown.” Johnson revealed that Lowery had once received a speeding ticket. “We are going to use auctions to set the price on the head of each journalist we take down,” he tweeted.

Besides Twitter, Johnson’s primary platform is GotNews, a crowd-funded startup he launched in early 2014 after denouncing the “stenography” of traditional insider media. “I don’t do the ‘being a bitch for the establishment’ thing which a lot of Republicans do,” he told me. “I go where the story leads.” While he claims to be an “equal opportunity debunker,” Johnson’s stories often lead back to familiar targets—lefty activists, “lying women and thuggish black men,” elitist journalists, and the mainstream conservatives he believes have screwed him over.

MissAndree
by Ronita on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Well, we are more likely to be murdered by a white man than a terrorist. That's just a fact. I think that we will find out that his motive was more likely personal. I read that he had attended this church in the past. We will just have to wait and see what the investigation uncovers. Wait and see, that's the appropriate response, right?
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Antioch, Tennessee Church Shooting Victims: Names & Photos

See source for photos. Having issues with the site.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/burnette-chapel-church-shooting-victims-joey-spann-peggy-antioch-tennessee-photos-casualties-burnett-deaths-names-list/

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:10 PM

Nashville church shooting suspect made cryptic Facebook posts

NASHVILLE — The Tennessee man police say brazenly opened fire on a Nashville-area church Sunday morning, killing one and seriously injuring seven others, admitted to police he opened fire on the church, according to new court documents.

Emanuel Kidega Samson, 25, of La Vergne, Tenn., told police during an interview that he arrived at the church at 10:55 a.m. and that he was armed with a handgun and "fired upon the church building," a police affidavit shows.

Samson, who left his vehicle running outside Burnette Chapel Church of Christ and wore a mask while wielding two pistols, was shot during a daring confrontation with churchgoer Robert "Caleb" Engle, a 22-year-old described by police as a "hero."

Prior to the shooting, Samson made several cryptic Facebook posts, one alluding to a sudden attack.

Samson, who according to his Facebook page, is originally from Sudan, wrote “Everything you've ever doubted or made to be believe as false, is real. & vice versa, B.”

Two photos posted Sunday morning showed Samson flexing his muscles accompanied with the words "unrestricted paroxysm." Paroxysm means a sudden attack or violent expression of emotion.

Samson also posted on his Facebook page: “Become the creator instead of what’s created. Whatever you say, goes.”

He added, “You are more than what they told us.”

According to the affidavit, multiple witness observed Samson entering the church in Antioch with a handgun and firing randomly at parishioners.

Several people were shot before Samson was subdued, the affidavit states. When officers arrived on the scene, they discovered Melanie Smith, 39, dead in the parking lot.

Multiple witnesses told police they heard gunshots from the parking lot moments before the defendant entered the church.

Samson, charged with criminal homicide, remained jailed Monday morning without bond.

More: Gunman opens fire in Nashville church; 1 dead, 8 hurt

He is due in Davidson County (Tenn.) General Sessions court Wednesday for a hearing on his case.

An early public records request yielded no criminal record for Samson.

Nearly three months ago, he sent a troubling text to his father: "...I have a gun to my head..."

In addition to the suicide incident, Samson also had two domestic disputes in Murfreesboro, Tenn., with a woman that resulted in calls to police, but no arrests, police documents reveal.

According to a Murfreesboro Police Department report June 27, Samson's father called police after he received the texts from his son.

Police went to Samson's Murfreesboro apartment, but he wasn't there, according to the report. Police pinged his phone, which indicated he was in Nashville. Nashville police were notified.

Domestic violence reports

In January, Samson's girlfriend called Murfreesboro police to report a domestic dispute with Samson.

According to the Jan. 29 report: “They argued in her bedroom and at one point he turned away from her and punched a small TV on her desk, breaking it. He also broke a small figurine. His hand was cut when he punched the TV and there was blood on the floor,” Murfreesboro Police Officer Hayley Alden reported.

The woman declined to obtain a warrant for the vandalism, which had an estimated value of under $1,000.

Another report involving the same girlfriend was filed by a police officer in February.

At that time, Samson reported that the woman arrived at his apartment uninvited and began banging on his door to gain entry. When he tried closing his door, "she tried to push the door back open," according to the report filed by Officer Benjamin Leibach. "He stated that he was in fear because she has struck him in the past."

Both parties reported that no threats or assault were made in that incident.

Police say a motive in Sunday's shooting is not immediately known.

The mass shooting occurred shortly after the service ended. In the chaos, many of the 42 churchgoers screamed while some ducked under church pews and others pretended to be dead.

Church minister Joey Spann shouted for congregants to run.

But most were senior citizens. "They didn't make it out," said Minerva Rosa, who was inside the church during the attack.

Police said Samson is a legal U.S. resident but not a citizen. He moved to the U.S. in the 1990s, police spokesman Don Aaron said.

Members of Burnette Chapel Church of Christ did not recognize Samson on Sunday because he wore a mask, but later told police he used to attend church services there.

"He actually had attended this church a year or two years ago," said Aaron. "They said he hasn't been there in quite a while. They couldn't be more definitive on that, but they actually knew him."

Among those injured were the pastor, Spann, and his wife. In addition to being a pastor, Spann teaches Bible classes at Nashville Christian School and coaches the school's middle and high school girls basketball teams.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/09/25/nashville-church-shooting-suspect-cryptic-posts/699082001/

MissAndree
by Ronita on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM
So mental illness and toxic masculinity. Deadly combination.
VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Of course. When a white radical walked into a church and shot a bunch of black people, we waited for an investigation to know that the motive was race. Why wouldn't we do the same when a black radical walks into a chuch and shoots a bunch of white people? That's the appropriate response. 

Quoting MissAndree: Well, we are more likely to be murdered by a white man than a terrorist. That's just a fact. I think that we will find out that his motive was more likely personal. I read that he had attended this church in the past. We will just have to wait and see what the investigation uncovers. Wait and see, that's the appropriate response, right?

MissAndree
by Ronita on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:17 PM
Nothing you posted indicates that he is a black radical. By the posts you shared, I would be classed as a black radical. I'm neither. I guess I missed his posts that indicated that black people are superior and his desire to enslave,rape and murder white people? I guess I missed his manifesto where he admitted to murdering people because they are white and his desire for a purge of white people? Because those are all things that Dylan Roof put on the internet.

Quoting VooDooB:

Of course. When a white radical walked into a church and shot a bunch of black people, we waited for an investigation to know that the motive was race. Why wouldn't we do the same when a black radical walks into a chuch and shoots a bunch of white people? That's the appropriate response. 

Quoting MissAndree: Well, we are more likely to be murdered by a white man than a terrorist. That's just a fact. I think that we will find out that his motive was more likely personal. I read that he had attended this church in the past. We will just have to wait and see what the investigation uncovers. Wait and see, that's the appropriate response, right?

VooDooB
by The Corruptor on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:19 PM

This happened 24 hours ago. I suppose you are not actually waiting for the investigation before deciding motive after all. Interesting....

Quoting MissAndree: Nothing you posted indicates that he is a black radical. By the posts you shared, I would be classed as a black radical. I'm neither. I guess I missed his posts that indicated that black people are superior and his desire to enslave,rape and murder white people? I guess I missed his manifesto where he admitted to murdering people because they are white and his desire for a purge of white people? Because those are all things that Dylan Roof put on the internet.
Quoting VooDooB:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Sep. 25, 2017 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Look at what you have posted, did you wait?  

Quoting VooDooB:

This happened 24 hours ago. I suppose you are not actually waiting for the investigation before deciding motive after all. Interesting....

Quoting MissAndree: Nothing you posted indicates that he is a black radical. By the posts you shared, I would be classed as a black radical. I'm neither. I guess I missed his posts that indicated that black people are superior and his desire to enslave,rape and murder white people? I guess I missed his manifesto where he admitted to murdering people because they are white and his desire for a purge of white people? Because those are all things that Dylan Roof put on the internet.
Quoting VooDooB:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)