Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Say it louder for the racists in the back....

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 8:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM
How do you resolve your position if your child holds dual citizenship?

Quoting baconbits:

Nope. I have a daughter who is bi-racial. She is not an African American or an Irish American. She is an American. Any time you put something before America you are putting that country first so perhaps you should go live there if you don't like America and you feel the need to put that country first. Sure America has it's problems and it has a history but that's what it is HISTORY. Instead lets build a better country and work together to make it a great country. You can't change the past. You can only work to build a better America where you see past the color of skin.

Quoting Canadiana: Excuse me? You need to clarify and explain what you meant. Because you sound like ignorant trash.

Quoting baconbits:

If they are going to call themselves African Americans then they should go to Africa since they obviously don't like America.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Doesn't seem as if they think so.

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: America is their home.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Don't be 15% of the population and 85% of the violent crime offenders and you won't disproportionately fill the prison cells.

If they don't like American History - they should go home.

baconbits
by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:11 AM

You have to make a choice. Personally if we're in America then she's an American with citizenship in whatever country. If you're honest the majority of the people who call theirselves African American have never been to African and no one in their family has for at least a 100 years most likely more. Recent imigrants who have come to America have come to get away from their old countrys so why would they call themselves anything but American?

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: How do you resolve your position if your child holds dual citizenship?
Quoting baconbits:

Nope. I have a daughter who is bi-racial. She is not an African American or an Irish American. She is an American. Any time you put something before America you are putting that country first so perhaps you should go live there if you don't like America and you feel the need to put that country first. Sure America has it's problems and it has a history but that's what it is HISTORY. Instead lets build a better country and work together to make it a great country. You can't change the past. You can only work to build a better America where you see past the color of skin.

Quoting Canadiana: Excuse me? You need to clarify and explain what you meant. Because you sound like ignorant trash.
Quoting baconbits:

If they are going to call themselves African Americans then they should go to Africa since they obviously don't like America.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Don't be 15% of the population and 85% of the violent crime offenders and you won't disproportionately fill the prison cells.

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:14 AM
17 moms liked this

OP, you may want to change your title. Apparently, this doesn't just need to be said for the "racists in the back." It also needs to be said for the racists in this group. I see some of them are coming out in true form in this post. Disgusting.....

rockymtngirl
by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
You live in a neighborhood that everyone identifies themselves like this? I have never heard of such a thing. Hmmmm....weird.

Quoting coleysmama: Guess I should tell all these people in my neighborhood that identify as Italian American, German American or Irish American that they need to leave too.

Quoting baconbits:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

No -

My lineage is simply Irish -

The IRA might look at my social media and try to recruit me.

Belize 

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: You hold Irish citizenship? I wonder if they'd look at your social media accounts, lol. If they refused you entry, what would be your second choice?
Quoting Billiejeens:

I'm Irish -

So I guess should I ever choose to leave, I would look into the possiblilites of living in Ireland.

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: Where would you go, which country?
Quoting Billiejeens:

Leave

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: If you were treated like the ugly stepchild or a bastard (remember when they were shunned too?) for centuries, how would you react?
Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

baconbits
by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:20 AM

As far as seeing past color it's working out just fine. She has friends of all races, handicaps, social backgrounds, etc. She looks at a person on the inside instead of the outside. We are trying to teach her that it's the inside that counts and not the outside. As far as culture where do I say anything about forgeting your culture? I simply said that we need to be American. If you left Ireland then you had a reason to. That might be because of war, marriage, or anything you could think of but you did leave it. I feel the same way if things were changed around. If I left America and moved to another country to live then I should put that country first. Doesn't mean that I forget America and everything here weather it be good or bad. It means my new country is my home. Have you ever heard the term American African? American Italian? American Korean? American Mexican? I doubt it. When you move to another country America is dropped and you become a citizen of that country. You may have dual citizenship but you don't use the term American.... It's simply the name of your adopted country.

Quoting Canadiana: That is so incredibly ignorant. See past colour? How's that working out? Oh man your poor dd. And you don't need to forget all ypur culture and ethnicity of where you come from to be American. America has no freaking culture, why would you need to drop your culture to be in America. If you spend the first 40 years of your life in Ireland and now live in America, You think someone should forget all about their culture and background? That's ridiculous.
Quoting baconbits:

Quoting baconbits:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

rockymtngirl
by on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM
3 moms liked this
They need to leave if they feel so threatened by this country. None of us were around those first 300 years. I will take no responsibility for that. As for the last part...don't do the crime and you won't do the time. Presently the only people dividing the country are the crybabies making an ass out of themselves. They aren't accomplishing a damn thing but dividing this country further. Wait for it....
Sparkles4Lui
by Platinum Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Have you been to Belize?

Quoting Billiejeens:

No -

Belize 

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: You hold Irish citizenship?

I wonder if they'd look at your social media accounts, lol. If they refused you entry, what would be your second choice?

Quoting Billiejeens:

I'm Irish -

So I guess should I ever choose to leave, I would look into the possiblilites of living in Ireland.

Quoting Billiejeens:

Leave

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: If you were treated like the ugly stepchild or a bastard (remember when they were shunned too?) for centuries, how would you react?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

zandhmom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:23 AM
7 moms liked this

I'm so tired of all this crazy shit. I don't/won't apoligize for being white nor for a history I have nothing to do with. All this blaming is going to back fire on them. People are tired of being called racist just because they are white. Most of the hate is coming from the far left people and they are driving some on the center/moderate left closer and closer to the right. I've see it happening more every day. 

Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

No

It just looks as if it would be a FABUOUS place to retire.

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: Have you been to Belize?
Quoting Billiejeens:

No -

Belize 

Quoting Sparkles4Lui: You hold Irish citizenship? I wonder if they'd look at your social media accounts, lol. If they refused you entry, what would be your second choice?
Quoting Billiejeens:

I'm Irish -

Quoting Billiejeens:

Leave

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)