Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they stood! like they should? this is good?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:28 AM
  • 36 Replies

sorry about the rhymes, it's a high caffeine day. Happy National Coffee Day!

so last night they all stood, the way people demanded and ordered them to or else. so this is good, unity is good. They delivered their message, they stood, and everyone's now going to focus on why they knelt in the first place? 

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/09/28/packers-bears-stand-during-anthem-before-nfl-game.html

Every player on both sides of the field stood during the national anthem ahead of Thursday night’s NFL game.

Players, coaches and staff on the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears were all linked arm-in-arm, and some with hands on their hearts, as American country singer Tyler Farr sang.

Cameras panning around Lambeau Field in Wisconsin showed fans locking arms with one another as well. Some could be seen waving American flags while others were saluting the large one being stretched out over the field.

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Damn_Pixi
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
They aren't going to pay attention to the reason why #taketheknee is important.

They won, the Hypocrites and the false Patriots won.
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:35 AM

......only because they were being hit in the pocketbook.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:47 AM
https://amp.businessinsider.com/nfl-anthem-protests-brand-response-2017-9

According to the article, it seemed like advertisers didn't leave. Maybe some. But not most.

Quoting EireLass:

......only because they were being hit in the pocketbook.

tiafez
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:56 AM

they really weren't hit in the anything but I do applaud their acts. They didn't bow to bullying, they stood and decided to show unity. We (in life) are stonger arms linked and working as one to our goals in life. 

I did find the chanting a little upsetting and disrespectful though. I hope that stops. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 8:58 AM

This is an improvement but the arms linked was done in the name of social justice and few fans participated in linking arms. I'm really not sue why they did the link arms things as fans have been very clear they want NO political messages mixed with the NA. 

tiafez
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:00 AM

I don't think they lost anything. They simply eliminated the drama and static. By standing as one they unite. Those who complained that they knelt, are out of grist for the mill. They stood, now we can focus on equaility for all, not just some. Sometimes we win by changing focus. Stand and eliminate the nonstop drama other people had. Now those who complained have nothing to focus on but the issue at the core.

Quoting Damn_Pixi: They aren't going to pay attention to the reason why #taketheknee is important. They won, the Hypocrites and the false Patriots won.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:01 AM
Trump made it political. The athletes are doing this for social reasons.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

This is an improvement but the arms linked was done in the name of social justice and few fans participated in linking arms. I'm really not sue why they did the link arms things as fans have been very clear they want NO political messages mixed with the NA. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Quoting tiafez:

they really weren't hit in the anything but I do applaud their acts. They didn't bow to bullying, they stood and decided to show unity. We (in life) are stonger arms linked and working as one to our goals in life. 

I did find the chanting a little upsetting and disrespectful though. I hope that stops. 

The only chanting reported I read was USA. What were people chanting that you are referencing?

tiafez
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM

but the protest against them was nothing more than a political message, as was the playing of the Anthem in the first place. But none of that matters because they silenced the complaints by standing. I only wish the sdisrespectful chanting had been stopped. very rude and disrespectful.

will I link arms? no clue, but whether I do or don't I will still have no issue standing and being respectful. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Damn_Pixi
by Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:04 AM
The only ones that will focus on the cause, are the people who already focused on the cause.
Everyone else will that say they won.

Quoting tiafez:

I don't think they lost anything. They simply eliminated the drama and static. By standing as one they unite. Those who complained that they knelt, are out of grist for the mill. They stood, now we can focus on equaility for all, not just some. Sometimes we win by changing focus. Stand and eliminate the nonstop drama other people had. Now those who complained have nothing to focus on but the issue at the core.

Quoting Damn_Pixi: They aren't going to pay attention to the reason why #taketheknee is important.

They won, the Hypocrites and the false Patriots won.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)