Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tennessee Titans Player Has One Word For Fans Threatening to Boycott NFL: 'Bye'

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
According to The Tennessean, Walker stated:

First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about. If you look at most of the guys in here – I’ve been in the USO. I support the troops. This is not about that. It’s about equal rights, and that’s all everyone is trying to show, is that we all care about each other. And the fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye. I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILovemyPaulie
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM
OK, this guy is funny! They don't just get money from ticket sales. They have lost endorsements and advertisers too. Bye Bye to their $$$
Once they get hurt in their pocket they'll have a completely different view of this. That's coming soon too.....LOL
billsfan1104
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:29 AM

How are in you in the USO?

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I keep hearing this, but all I have heard about was Brandon Marshall losing a few minor sponsors. All the major sponsors, that pay the big bucks, like Ford, Nike, Beats etc.. All have supported the players and NFL. So, can you show me this massive landslide of sponsors? And, 84% of Americans, according to polls, support players right to protest. So, where is all this backlash some of you keep talking about?

Quoting ILovemyPaulie: OK, this guy is funny! They don't just get money from ticket sales. They have lost endorsements and advertisers too. Bye Bye to their $$$
Once they get hurt in their pocket they'll have a completely different view of this. That's coming soon too.....LOL
Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:35 AM
https://www.uso.org/stories/173-the-uso-and-the-nfl-are-a-winning-team

Quoting billsfan1104:

billsfan1104
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Yes they help the USO, but I dont think you join it like a club.  I dont know

Quoting Momtoone07: https://www.uso.org/stories/173-the-uso-and-the-nfl-are-a-winning-team
Quoting billsfan1104:

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM
It's not a club. It is program that connects soldiers to celebrities. Bob Hope was in the USO, for example.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting Momtoone07: https://www.uso.org/stories/173-the-uso-and-the-nfl-are-a-winning-team

Quoting billsfan1104:

billsfan1104
by on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM

I know its a program.  I have used the USO when flying.  BUt I dont think you are IN the USO like he says.  I think he means that he volunteered or did things for the USO. 

Quoting Momtoone07: It's not a club. It is program that connects soldiers to celebrities. Bob Hope was in the USO, for example.
Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting billsfan1104:

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:49 AM
No, I believe once you volunteer you become part of the USO. I mean, he volunteered to go to visit our troops. He didn't have to, so does his wording really matter?

Quoting billsfan1104:

I know its a program.  I have used the USO when flying.  BUt I dont think you are IN the USO like he says.  I think he means that he volunteered or did things for the USO. 

Quoting Momtoone07: It's not a club. It is program that connects soldiers to celebrities. Bob Hope was in the USO, for example.

Quoting billsfan1104:

Quoting billsfan1104:

zandhmom2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM

That's cool. He has his opionions about it and others have their opinions. 

tiafez
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 10:59 AM

true, some guys burned jerseys they already owned and season tickets they paid thousands for. now that the hype Trump generated is slowing down, and the counter protests have begun at the same football games protest shouldn't be at.... (think about that one ladies) I guess it comes down to this: go or don't, buy or don't, love football or don't. freedom is American, not just for a few. 

Quoting ILovemyPaulie: OK, this guy is funny! They don't just get money from ticket sales. They have lost endorsements and advertisers too. Bye Bye to their $$$ Once they get hurt in their pocket they'll have a completely different view of this. That's coming soon too.....LOL

Verified BM/SM/BOB .... wwnsdd?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)