Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OSCAR ATTENDEES ONCE LAUGHED AT WEINSTEIN BEING A SEXUAL PREDATOR

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM
  • 90 Replies

OSCAR ATTENDEES ONCE LAUGHED AT WEINSTEIN BEING A SEXUAL PREDATOR

Clip suggests movie producer’s activities were notorious

A clip from the 2013 Oscars offers yet more evidence that Harvey Weinstein’s predatory behavior towards women was known throughout the industry.

During the clip, actor Seth McFarlane makes a joke about actresses feigning attraction to Weinstein in order to get ahead in Hollywood.

Reading out the five females who were nominated in the Supporting Actress category, McFarlane comments, “Congratulations, you five ladies no longer have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein.”

The audience of Hollywood celebrities immediately roars out in laughter in response to the quip.

The joke is obviously a reference to Weinstein’s threats to ruin women’s careers and prevent them from becoming successful if they did not tolerate his sexual advances.

Another joke from Tina Fey’s 30 Rock was also a tell that Weinstein was infamous for being intimidating towards women.

“Oh please, I’m not afraid of anyone in show business,” Fey’s character tells Tracy Morgan’s. “I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions… out of five.”

This is yet more proof that Weinstein’s predatory sexual tendencies were notorious throughout Hollywood.

One of Weinstein’s alleged victims, French actress Emma de Caunes, told the New Yorker that knowledge of Weinstein’s proclivities was widespread.

“I know that everybody—I mean everybody—in Hollywood knows that it’s happening,” de Caunes said. “He’s not even really hiding. I mean, the way he does it, so many people are involved and see what’s happening. But everyone’s too scared to say anything.”

by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Is this for real?? 

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:07 AM
.....ok
romalove
by Roma on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:10 AM
9 moms liked this

You have five threads on this topic just on the front page of this forum.  I didn't check if there were more beyond that.

I'm curious why you're focusing on this story so much, oh librarian.

I mean, I notice that there were stories on the news I heard this morning about the reasons that Tillerson called Trump a "f'ing moron", which were largely because he wanted to augment our nuclear stockpile to 1960's levels, even though it would violate a number of treaties and would be highly dangerous for the world, there are wildfires in California that are decimating entire towns and killing many people, Bannon is threatening to rip the Republican party apart during the next election by running candidates against "every" Republican senator except for Ted Cruz (lyin' Ted is apparently now lucky Ted), Puerto Rico continues with great suffering as most of the island still has no electric, running water, or infrastructure...yet you post thread after thread about Harvey Weinstein.

It's giving me pause.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:17 AM

Why are people calling you a librarian??

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this

This is a Moms Site

How long have we been talking about a war on women? -

This guy has been waging a One Man Armageddon against women, protected by his own power and friends in high places -

It also showcases how the media will not report things that they would rather you not see until they absolutely are forced to.

I dunno - seems relevant to me.

Quoting romalove:

You have five threads on this topic just on the front page of this forum.  I didn't check if there were more beyond that.

I mean, I notice that there were stories on the news I heard this morning about the reasons that Tillerson called Trump a "f'ing moron", which were largely because he wanted to augment our nuclear stockpile to 1960's levels, even though it would violate a number of treaties and would be highly dangerous for the world, there are wildfires in California that are decimating entire towns and killing many people, Bannon is threatening to rip the Republican party apart during the next election by running candidates against "every" Republican senator except for Ted Cruz (lyin' Ted is apparently now lucky Ted), Puerto Rico continues with great suffering as most of the island still has no electric, running water, or infrastructure...yet you post thread after thread about Harvey Weinstein.

It's giving me pause.

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, I agree that this is a mom's site, and this is a relevant topic.

But this is also a Current Events and Hot Topics forum.  Certainly this is both a Current Event and a Hot Topic.

Where I'm questioning your motives is, to my mind (and I've been pretty clear how I feel about Weinstein), Trump and Weinstein are both the same in that they both think they can do whatever they want, especially in regards to women, because of who they are, because of wealth and celebrity and ability to make or destroy someone else.  They feel POWER and use it against women, including in sexual ways.

Now, you voted for Trump and have either averred that you don't believe the accusations against him or think they aren't relevant (you can tell me which or both or whatever) despite the many accusations and his own words, but are spamming the board with the many evils of Harvey Weinstein.

If you want people to think that the Hollywood elite who are against Trump are hypocrites because they gave HW a pass (and to my mind that's not the worst of what they did, the worst is, because of MONEY they allowed him to continue to victimize others), then I am going to think Trump voters who are outraged about HW are hypocrites in that same vein.

Quoting Billiejeens:

This is a Moms Site

This guy has been waging a One Man Armageddon against women, protected by his own power and friends in high places -

It also showcases how the media will not report things that they would rather you not see until they absolutely are forced to.

Quoting romalove:

It's giving me pause.

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Because she refers to herself as "the librarian" and even has it as her nickname next to her screen name???

Quoting billsfan1104:

Why are people calling you a librarian??

zandhmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:27 AM

I don't believe for one moment that everyone in Hollywood and all the politicians involved with this man didn't know. It sickens me to think of all the women and politicians who stand up and speak about the inequality to women in this country and yet just shut up and did nothing about this. 

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM

I have seen no actionable evidence that President Trump forced himself on women.

Lamenting that there are gold diggers out there that will let someone do whatever they want - to me, was an indictment of Gold Diggers.

Is he rough around the edges (and in the middle, and on top and over on the side there), yes.

We are used to career politicians who are polished and fake - he is neither.

But I have seen no ecivende that he has waged any war on women - in fact he has been a friend to women without requiring them to be a friend with benefits to achieve success.

Quoting romalove:

But this is also a Current Events and Hot Topics forum.  Certainly this is both a Current Event and a Hot Topic.

Where I'm questioning your motives is, to my mind (and I've been pretty clear how I feel about Weinstein), Trump and Weinstein are both the same in that they both think they can do whatever they want, especially in regards to women, because of who they are, because of wealth and celebrity and ability to make or destroy someone else.  They feel POWER and use it against women, including in sexual ways.

Now, you voted for Trump and have either averred that you don't believe the accusations against him or think they aren't relevant (you can tell me which or both or whatever) despite the many accusations and his own words, but are spamming the board with the many evils of Harvey Weinstein.

If you want people to think that the Hollywood elite who are against Trump are hypocrites because they gave HW a pass (and to my mind that's not the worst of what they did, the worst is, because of MONEY they allowed him to continue to victimize others), then I am going to think Trump voters who are outraged about HW are hypocrites in that same vein.

Quoting Billiejeens:

This is a Moms Site

Quoting romalove:

It's giving me pause.

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM
9 moms liked this

You're blind because of political convictions.  You'll use any sleazy means to an end, which includes Trump, to get what you want.

You're denying the women accusing Trump as liars but not the women who accuse Bill Clinton or Harvey Weinstein.  In fact, you denied the women accusing Bill O'Reilly too, if I remember correctly.

You deny it when they are accusing someone you like, and accept it when they are accusing someone you don't.

Quoting Billiejeens:

I have seen no actionable evidence that President Trump forced himself on women.

Lamenting that there are gold diggers out there that will let someone do whatever they want - to me, was an indictment of Gold Diggers.

Is he rough around the edges (and in the middle, and on top and over on the side there), yes.

We are used to career politicians who are polished and fake - he is neither.

But I have seen no ecivende that he has waged any war on women - in fact he has been a friend to women without requiring them to be a friend with benefits to achieve success.

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Billiejeens:

This is a Moms Site

Quoting romalove:

It's giving me pause.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)