Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**Revision*** CAUSE I LOVE TO BE ANNOYING let me get this straight

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM
  • 204 Replies
7 moms liked this

Image may contain: 7 people, meme and text

IF YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP  EITHER YOU HAVE AMNESIA, OR YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR DISRESPECT TO VETS WHETHER YOU ARE ONE OR NOT BECAUSE YOU VOTED FOR SOMEONE WHO WAS DISRESPECTFUL TO A GOLD STAR FAMILY AND SAID A POW WAS NOT A HERO BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT - PENCE'S PUBLICITY STUNT WAS DISGUSTING AS HE IS THE VP TO THE MORON IN OFFICE WHO WHEN HE WAS CAMPAIGNING SAID THESE THINGS.  TRUMP HAS NEVER BEEN A PATRIOT. HE AVOIDED THE DRAFT, HE SAID THAT NOT PAYING TAXES WAS "SMART".  YOU PAY TAXES TO SUPPORT PROGRAMS FOR, GUESS WHO? PEOPLE LIKE VETS - WHAT A BUNCH OF SHIT THIS ALL IS - DEFLECTION AS USUAL - TAKING AWAY FROM THE REAL POINT OF THESE PROTESTS, WHICH ONLY DEMONSTRATES HOW VITAL AND IMPORTANT THEY TRULY ARE.

ALSO THIS MEME HAS TO DO WITH FALSE PATRIOTISMMINDS POC HAVE NO REASON TO PROTEST ANYTHING AND CAN NEVER DO IT RIGHT ANYWAY. 

HERE'S A LITTLE REMINDER ABOUT TRUMP'S PATRIOTISM

Donald Trump Goes After Grieving Mother Of Killed American Soldier

Just when you thought he couldn’t sink any lower.

X

Donald Trump responded to the moving speeches of the father of an American hero at the Democratic National Convention by questioning why his wife stood at his side but did not speak. 

The remarks were clearly intended to question whether the couple’s Islamic faith precluded her from speaking so publicly.

Khizr Khan, whose son, Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan was killed in Iraq in 2004, gave one of the most stirring speeches of the convention when he questioned what sacrifices Trump had made for his country. Khan’s wife, Ghazala, appeared beside him at the lectern but did not speak.

Trump suggested in two separate interviews that Ghazala Khan had been blocked from speaking.

“I’d like to hear his wife say something,” Trump told The New York Times in an interview published Friday. 

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me,” he said in an interview with ABC on Saturday.

A visibly shaken Ghazala Khan spoke at length about her son during an interview with MSNBC on Friday. She said she had to work to keep her composure onstage at the DNC because she is still grief-stricken.

“[I] was very nervous, because I cannot see my son’s picture, I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are,” she said of her appearance at the DNC.

She also recounted her last conversation, on Mother’s Day. “‘Be safe, and don’t become hero for me, just be my son, come back as a son,’” she recalled, fighting back tears. “He came back as a hero.”

Reacting to Trump’s comments about the fallen soldier’s mother, the Khan family issued an emotional and stinging rebuke of Trump.

“Running for president is not an entitlement to disrespect Gold Star families and [a] Gold Star mother not realizing her pain. Shame on him! Shame on his family,” Khizr Khan told ABC News.

“He has no decency,” Khan said.

AND NUMBER TWO:

“He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”    SO IF YOU WERE CAPTURED AND A POW, HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU AND DOESN'T FEEL THAT YOU ARE A REAL HERO.  HE THINKS THE STATUS OF HERO IS APPLIED BECAUSE YOU GOT CAPTURED, NOT BECAUSE YOU WERE BRAVE AND RISKING YOUR LIFE.

by on Oct. 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 6:37 PM
5 moms liked this

Maybe all those kneelers should put some money into the veterans, if they're so concerned about the down-trodden.

bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM
10 moms liked this

maybe the govt and the republicans in particular. could put their money where their mouths are - that is the role of govt to take care of the people who risk their lives to protect it.  You have no idea where people put their money and your comment is ignorant.  The republicans have consistently voted against the interests of our vets and you have a president who actually said about a a war hero, "“He’s not a war hero,” “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” .  All those "patriots"  and republicans who voted for trump are in fact traitors to vets (even the vets themselves who voted for him) and support the horrible treatment they get.  You can start with Reagan who was a son of a bitch when it came to mental health issues.

Quoting EireLass:

Maybe all those kneelers should put some money into the veterans, if they're so concerned about the down-trodden.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this

I disagree.

People like these ball players are all about publicity. If they give money....they make sure the world knows (their publicist certainly would).

My husband is Veteran. He's extremely well cared for by our government, as am I.

But like you say...the government isn't talking about the downtrodden.....the players are. They ought to put their money where their mouth is.

Quoting bluefirewolf:

maybe the govt and the republicans in particular. could put their money where their mouths are - that is the role of govt to take care of the people who risk their lives to protect it.  You have no idea where people put their money and your comment is ignorant.  The republicans have consistently voted against the interests of our vets and you have a president who actually said about a a war hero, "“He’s not a war hero,” “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” .  All those "patriots"  and republicans who voted for trump are in fact traitors to vets (even the vets themselves who voted for him) and support the horrible treatment they get.  You can start with Reagan who was a son of a bitch when it came to mental health issues.

Quoting EireLass:

MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:47 PM
14 moms liked this

I believe the kneeling is about the inequity of treatment of black citizens and institutional racism - it is not about Veterens.  Many people are bringing patriotism and Veterans into the discussion to claim the kneeling is somehow disrepectful.  But the suffering of Veterans has nothing to do with the kneeling of sports players during the National Anthem

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:50 PM
Yes
You're right .

Quoting MonarchMom22:

I believe the kneeling is about the inequity of treatment of black citizens and institutional racism - it is not about Veterens.  Many people are bringing patriotism and Veterans into the discussion to claim the kneeling is somehow disrepectful.  But the suffering of Veterans has nothing to do with the kneeling of sports players during the National Anthem

Episkey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM
14 moms liked this
Or they could continue doing what they are already doing and giving money to the causes they support.

This was never about the military or veterans, but since some choose to see it that way, THEY can give money to the vets they are so concerned about being disrespected.

Quoting EireLass:

Btamilee2753
by Lee on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:28 PM
6 moms liked this

Personally....I believe that is part of the problem.  The blame cannot and should not be placed at the feet of just one political party.  I do not recall a time in my 56 years on this earth in which our Veterans have been taken care of in the manner they should be.  

Quoting bluefirewolf:

Quoting EireLass:

D-Town
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 8:59 PM
14 moms liked this

I wish the racists of the country would stop using us veterans as a scapegoat for them to be racist pieces of shit. 

ShaMac
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2017 at 9:05 PM
It wouldn't help. List two facts about Colin Kaepernick.

Quoting EireLass:

I disagree.

People like these ball players are all about publicity. If they give money....they make sure the world knows (their publicist certainly would).

My husband is Veteran. He's extremely well cared for by our government, as am I.

But like you say...the government isn't talking about the downtrodden.....the players are. They ought to put their money where their mouth is.

Quoting bluefirewolf:

Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2017 at 8:26 AM

1) He's black/white

2) He's adopted

So you mean all the money that Kaepernick HAS given out doesn't help? Wow...I'd think his financial advisors would have advised him to pocket it.

Quoting ShaMac: It wouldn't help. List two facts about Colin Kaepernick.
Quoting EireLass:

I disagree.

Quoting bluefirewolf:

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)