Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Janet Jackson Breaks Silence… What Marriage to a Muslim Was Really Like

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:35 AM
  • 219 Replies
3 moms liked this

Famous singer Janet Jackson has just revealed something that many people have known for a while: Being married to an extremely traditionalist Muslim is all about one thing…. Submission.

The one-time member of “The Jacksons” and sister of record-breaking musician Michael Jackson recently opened up to her family and admitted exactly what her five-year marriage to business magnate Wissam Al Mana was like.

“Her life was sheltered,” one Jackson family member told Us Magazine. Janet’s brother Randy also elaborated that the famous female singer was verbally abused by her Qatari husband.

Janet felt like a prisoner,” Randy Jackson told the celebrity magazine.

The billionaire Wissam Al Mana reportedly preyed on Janet’s vulnerabilities after the death of her incredibly famous brother. At first, the singer was enamored by the lifestyle of nearly unlimited money in the Middle East… but that fairy tale quickly became a nightmare.

Janet felt like a prisoner,” Randy Jackson told the celebrity magazine.

The billionaire Wissam Al Mana reportedly preyed on Janet’s vulnerabilities after the death of her incredibly famous brother. At first, the singer was enamored by the lifestyle of nearly unlimited money in the Middle East… but that fairy tale quickly became a nightmare.

A prominent cleric recently lectured his Muslim followers that a husband owns a woman, and that men should treat their wives “as prisoners in your hands or in your house,” according to MEMRI, the Middle East Media Research Institute.

Is it any wonder that Jackson “felt like a prisoner” when some traditionalist clerics and Islamic scripture itself instruct husbands to literally treat their wives as captives?

Luckily for Janet Jackson, she realized what a bad situation she was in and was able to separate herself from her husband. However, countless other women do not have Jackson’s resources and are trapped in nightmares of their own.

It is incredibly bizarre that the left, which claims to be the great champion and defender of women, refuses to stand up to modern Islam on its appalling record on women’s rights. 

To be clear, not every Muslim treats women in the same abusive way, but there is no denying that backward and disturbing attitudes about females are woven into Islamic teaching.

The Western world needs to speak out about the extremist parts of Islam… or more women will find themselves “prisoners” in situations just like Janet Jackson’s.

PJ Media

by on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Episkey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:44 AM
“They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak”

Awful :/
zandhmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:53 AM
14 moms liked this

Now, this is what real oppression looks like. I don't know how any non muslim woman could ever knowingly get involved with a man who is muslim. 

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 7:55 AM
42 moms liked this
This is not just with the Muslim faith. There are Jews, Christians, atheists they all have asshole men, who control their women.
Btamilee2753
by Lee on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:04 AM

I had no idea she had even married.  It sounds like her choice was not a wise one.  Glad to hear she got out of the situation.  

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't forget that there are also cults in our country , right? White Americans, people who practice the same controlling abusive rules, patriarchal type of lives .. women are supposed to be submissive and fulfill their husbands wishes and obey.
GrayDuck41
by Linda on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this
This Blog also attempts to criticize " the left" and pretends that they don't help women in the same situation as Janet Jackson was .
It's not true.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:49 AM
5 moms liked this

Seriously?  This is your latest Muslim bashing attempt?

Plenty of men verbally abuse their wives and/or expect submission (aren't there some women here who do the submissive wife thing?) and they don't do it because of some religious belief. 

Nice_Dragon
by Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM
9 moms liked this
It's close mined thinking and lumping people together, thinking they are all the same.

I'm American married to an Arab Muslim for just over 15 yrs.
I'm no captive, never been physically or verbally abused. I'm spoiled and have my husband wrapped around my finger.
He is sweet and loving to me and kids.All he does is for me and the kids, he puts himself last.
Plus he is a big woman's rights advocate .

Quoting zandhmom2:

Now, this is what real oppression looks like. I don't know how any non muslim woman could ever knowingly get involved with a man who is muslim. 

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:55 AM
24 moms liked this

We have moms in this group who are Muslim and/or are married to Muslim men, including some that have not converted.  They say their marriages are not controlled by a controlling man.

So maybe, just maybe, I'm just spitballing here, we can't generalize one person's marriage experience and apply it to everyone.  

What's interesting about the Janet Jackson experience is that being wealthy and famous didn't shield her from marrying someone controlling.  That's a very common experience for a lot of women across all kinds of religious, ethnic, and social strata backgrounds. 

Maybe we should be talking about that.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM
15 moms liked this
Lmao at the mothers who rush to attack BJ and defend the Muslim faith, but have absolutely no problem bashing Christians or Catholics and lumping them all into one group.
Fucking hypocrites
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)