Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh the irony in this is ridiculous!

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

The folks over at Deadspin came across a photo of man at this Sunday’s Jets game who “respects the United States and its national anthem so much that he turned the country’s flag into a picnic blanket.”

The person who snapped the photo said the faux patriot was found watching the big screen outside the stadium.

Basically, me and my friend were walking around the stadium sometime during the 3rd quarter. There is a huge tv screen by the food carts right inside the stadium where people gather to watch. We went over there to check it out and we saw him spread the flag out and sit down.

I thought it was too ironic so I snagged a picture. He sat on it for a few minutes before leaving.
Interestingly, there doesn’t seem to be any reports of outrage from surrounding fans.

Either way, the image made its way around Twitter and people were a bit taken aback.

Update: I’m skeptical. It could possibly be some stunt to make the image go viral. Could someone really be that clueless? Yes, I see morbid cluelessness every day, but this seems a little put together. I could be wrong; after all, the guy drinks beer out of a straw.
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
billsfan1104
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 4:29 AM
This is fake.
PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 4:48 AM

He's sitting on a towel, not a flag.  Though I wouldn't have cared if it was a flag. 

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Photoshop

GrayDuck41
by Linda on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
https://www.legion.org/flag/code

Flag code.
The flag should never be seen on clothing or used as clothing
I bet the blanket shouldn't be a reproduction of the flag.
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly how many people fallow that or get in trouble for not? You see the flag on many things. People don't go by this code.

Quoting GrayDuck41: https://www.legion.org/flag/code

Flag code.
The flag should never be seen on clothing or used as clothing
I bet the blanket shouldn't be a reproduction of the flag.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)