Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Claims coming out that Joy Villa Used Trump Controversy To Promote Herself, Scientology

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM
  • 13 Replies
Unabashed self-promoter and scientology pitch-woman Joy Villa has cashed in on political divisiveness to make a killing from unsuspecting Trump supporters.

Ms. Villa has previously attempted to attract attention at the Grammy’s by wearing various forms of see-through attire. Her virtual nakedness didn’t garner a lot of attention other than to get her onto the “worst-dressed” list.

But this year, she hit on a brilliant scheme, marketing herself as a walking advertisement for Donald Trump.

In a town and industry that has little love for anything Republican, and plenty of outright disdain and hatred for Donald Trump, Ms. Villa instantly had Trump supporters rushing to defend her, of course without knowing anything other than “She wore a dress in support of the President.”

When I noted that she was a scientology shill on Twitter, one person responded by decrying the scanty “vagina-chains” sported by Lady Gaga and others noted the “scarecrow” look of Katy Perry, never mind the hated Beyonce’s outfit — apparently supporting Ms. Villa for her demure outfit because it fit better with the middle-American ideal of proper attire for TV. Clearly, they didn’t check out her earlier less successful outfits — one of which looks like it was sewed together from snowfence they put at the edge of ski runs to prevent wayward skiers from plunging into the pine trees. And this stuff is NOT hard to find, it is right on her twitter account. But as with much social media discourse, facts are irrelevant.

Nor did they seem to understand that she had previously categorized both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as “crazy” and that people should write in a third party candidate (this tweet vanished once she realized she had tapped into the Trump brand).

Political correctness or incorrectness has become a new marketing tool. Republicans no longer shop at Nordstrom. Democrats no longer buy Trump ties/steak/water or whatever.

So, with her “statement” dress rousing Republicans to encourage downloading her songs on iTunes “for being a brave supporter of our President” she rocketed up the charts. Fox News was right onto the story.

And what is even crazier is that blind supporters of all things Trump (and to be sure there are those that just as unthinkingly support all things “anti-Trump”) did not know that Ms. Villa is a shill for scientology. And that she will capitalize on her 15 minutes of fame to promote herself (with the help of scientology) as a “#1 selling artist” (no longer the oddly self-titled “Grammy considered artist”). This newfound celebrity will be used to try and attract new people to scientology. On top of that, any money that comes in from her skyrocketing downloads will no doubt end up being given to scientology.

You will no doubt be able to see her in an upcoming edition of Celebrity mag, most likely on the cover. They have already used her on the cover once before and she was not even known at that time (other than as a “worst-dressed”).

She will deliver seminars to the unsuspecting at the Celebrity Center “how to become a #1 chart topper”… As with Celebrity Mag, they have already used her even when nobody had heard of her to try and get new people in to scientology.

The truth of the matter is that she, like every scientologist, puts scientology before politics (or anything else).

Her only true candidate was L. Ron Hubbard. Everything in the life of a scientologist like Joy Villa takes a distant second row to Hubbard and scientology.

In fact, it is 100% certain that if Gary Johnson or Jill Stein had said “I support scientology” they would have had not only Joy Villa’s vote, but ALL 5,000 scientologist votes in the US Presidential election. Same with Bernie Sanders. Or Donald Trump. Or Hillary Clinton. Scientologists are a ONE ISSUE electoral block. Scientology transcends and “trumps” all else in the minds of scientologists. And she is about as dedicated as you can get.

Ms. Villa is not only promoted on the official scientology website, she performs at numerous fundraisers.

In the end, you have to give her credit where credit is due.

She saw the fanaticism that has become part of daily life in this country and figured out how to play it to her advantage. Being a contrarian gets you a lot of attention. Apparently it works better than T&A these days.

Just watch scientology use this to promote themselves and how successful you can be if you embrace L. Ron Hubbard. Sigh…

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-shill-joy-villa-plays-the-trump-card/
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Ha. Took a page right out of a politicians handbook.

Make a dime on the gullibility of others..
GrayDuck41
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM
I've never heard of her.
Scientology is evil, and it's not a religion. It's a cult.
WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:23 AM
I’m surprised that people went and bought her music just bc she wore a Trump dress! I remember that day on Twitter and all these Trump supporters were tweeting, “Just bought all her albums! Support Joy Villa for supporting Trump!” Lmao
Lady_Facetious
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Okay?
EarlGrayHot
by Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:33 AM

I don't even know who she is but anyone who supports the idiot-in-chief is a whacko.  Not to mention buying into the whole Scientology bullshit.

WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Did you even read the article?

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

I don't even know who she is but anyone who supports the idiot-in-chief is a whacko.  Not to mention buying into the whole Scientology bullshit.

WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you watched the Leah Remini show on A & E?

Quoting GrayDuck41: I've never heard of her.
GrayDuck41
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes!!!
Her show is amazing!
And I've read a few books by people who left (escaped) the church of Scientology.
It's bizarre and frightening.

Quoting WilyMommy: Have you watched the Leah Remini show on A & E?

Quoting GrayDuck41: I've never heard of her.
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I had not heard of her before this. Interesting article, thanks for posting!
WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I’ve never seen it but I’ve heard it’s good. Apparently Joy Villa doesn’t like what Remini is doing. No big surprise there. 

Quoting GrayDuck41: Yes!!! Her show is amazing! And I've read a few books by people who left (escaped) the church of Scientology. It's bizarre and frightening.
Quoting WilyMommy: Have you watched the Leah Remini show on A & E?
Quoting GrayDuck41: I've never heard of her. Scientology is evil, and it's not a religion. It's a cult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)