Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Court orders WW1 monument removed because it’s unconstitutional

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM
  • 15 Replies
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karene999
by Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I live near there and it ticks me off. We are looking into rasing money to buy the small piece of the park where the memorial is located. Then it would be private property and they can't make us remove it.

VooDooB
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Daily Caller OP?

That’s quite a..... surprise.
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM
has the primary effect of endorsing religion and excessively entangles the government in religion.”

Exodus 20:4
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM
Why? I post articles from Fox too.

Quoting VooDooB: Daily Caller OP?

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Good. This makes me mad too.

Quoting karene999:

I live near there and it ticks me off. We are looking into rasing money to buy the small piece of the park where the memorial is located. Then it would be private property and they can't make us remove it.

MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to separate the reason for the memorial from the form of the memorial.  If you want to honor the Veterans of WW1 there are ways to do so without violating the Constitution.  I think moving this to a private land location makes sense. Just becasue something has been in place a long time does not make it right.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM
That’s true. I’m a Constitutional follower, but I can still feel how I feel. It’s not really important in the end.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

You need to separate the reason for the memorial from the form of the memorial.  If you want to honor the Veterans of WW1 there are ways to do so without violating the Constitution.  I think moving this to a private land location makes sense. Just becasue something has been in place a long time does not make it right.

VooDooB
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Well that’s not surprising. FOX is the most reliable source out there these days.

Quoting SuG4: Why? I post articles from Fox too.

meriana
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Sad that so often those groups, etc. who do not live in an area and have zero connection to it will demand something be removed, and expect their demand to be honored.   If the people in the town want it there, it should stay.

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:12 PM
WaPo has a paywall, so does the NYT. But Fox doesn’t. So I’ll copy the IP address of Fox. A news story has its biases and slants, but as long as the story is straightforward, I’ll post it.

I’m about to post a FAKE story from Fox.....

Quoting VooDooB: Well that’s not surprising. FOX is the most reliable source out there these days.

Quoting SuG4: Why? I post articles from Fox too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)