Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College students LOVE Trump tax plan when credited to Bernie Sanders 😂

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

President Donald Trump’s proposal for comprehensive tax reform was almost immediately dismissed as heartless and impractical by his political opponents.

But what would some of those opponents think if they were told the same plan was being proposed by someone they adore—Senator Bernie Sanders?

[RELATED: VIDEO: Students despise Obama policies...when credited to Trump]

To find out, we headed to George Washington University to ask students their opinions on Trump’s new tax plan. WIthout much explanation, the students immediately made clear their distaste for the plan.

“It’s not the most efficient, nor beneficial to the general populus,” said one student when asked her opinion of Trump’s plan.

“It’s better for the upper class than anyone else,” added another.

[RELATED: CA Dems propose free tuition funded by tax on millionaires]

After watching student after student express their disapproval of the plan, we then asked those same students what they thought of Senator Bernie Sanders’ new tax plan.

Immediately, they expressed excitement and support after hearing the details of the plan.

The only problem for them? There was no tax plan for Senator Sanders. The plan they loved was actually President Trump’s.

How did they react? Watch the full video to find out!

by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 6:51 PM
I find this obsession by the right with college students really weird.
WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Why, exactly?

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I find this obsession by the right with college students really weird.

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM
I think it is strange how all of a sudden republicans are obsessed with talking about college students. That’s never really been their target audience.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I find this obsession by the right with college students really weird.

codfish
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't think they are obsessed at all.

Colleges nationwide have been on a path of shutting down anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal mantra. They have started this nonsense with "safe spaces" and pretty much anyone white is racist.

I am sorry but I don't need my kids indoctrinated with one sides view while in college. It is supposed to be a time to get out of your comfort zone and expand your mind.

Instead, as shown, they are coddled twits who love anything presented to them as liberal. These are the future leaders of the country, God help us.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I think it is strange how all of a sudden republicans are obsessed with talking about college students. That’s never really been their target audience.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

romalove
by Roma on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:39 PM

What sort of college do you think your child would attend?

Quoting codfish: I don't think they are obsessed at all. Colleges nationwide have been on a path of shutting down anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal mantra. They have started this nonsense with "safe spaces" and pretty much anyone white is racist. I am sorry but I don't need my kids indoctrinated with one sides view while in college. It is supposed to be a time to get out of your comfort zone and expand your mind. Instead, as shown, they are coddled twits who love anything presented to them as liberal. These are the future leaders of the country, God help us.
Quoting Debmomto2teens: I think it is strange how all of a sudden republicans are obsessed with talking about college students. That’s never really been their target audience.
Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

WilyMommy
by Missbod on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Republicans think college students are being corrupted by far left professors. There’s evidence to back this belief up, but some schools are worse than others. It would be going too far to say every American college is a liberal cesspool, but there are definitely some that are, though it’s not all due to professors.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:52 PM
Oppose to brainwashing from the right when it involes churches and religion

Quoting WilyMommy:

Republicans think college students are being corrupted by far left professors. There’s evidence to back this belief up, but some schools are worse than others. It would be going too far to say every American college is a liberal cesspool, but there are definitely some that are, though it’s not all due to professors.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM
I work at a university. I live in a city with multiple universities and there is extremes in every field. There are extremely conservative colleges. What you are talking about is less than 5% of universities.

The problem with the way republicans feel is that this isn’t elementary school. We are teaching critical thinking and expanding their knowledge. It goes beyond reading and arthimetoc.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
This rhetoric drives me insane.

Quoting romalove:

What sort of college do you think your child would attend?

Quoting codfish: I don't think they are obsessed at all.

Colleges nationwide have been on a path of shutting down anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal mantra. They have started this nonsense with "safe spaces" and pretty much anyone white is racist.

I am sorry but I don't need my kids indoctrinated with one sides view while in college. It is supposed to be a time to get out of your comfort zone and expand your mind.

Instead, as shown, they are coddled twits who love anything presented to them as liberal. These are the future leaders of the country, God help us.

Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:14 PM
Everything you wrote is completely made up. Are there bad professors? Sure. There are asshole parents too.

I’ve never been in a college setting where anyone has been shutdown. My daughter goes to a public university and it so very diverse including political views.

So what? That’s how they expand their minds

ETA; I have to tell at least one parent a week I can’t talk to them because it is against regulations. They want to know why little Susie didn’t get an A.

Get out of your comfort zone and meet more people. The vast majority of college students are inquisitive and wonderful. The parents are the biggest enablers. .

Quoting codfish: I don't think they are obsessed at all.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: I think it is strange how all of a sudden republicans are obsessed with talking about college students. That�s never really been their target audience.
Quoting WilyMommy:

Why, exactly?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)