Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Audio of Trump calling a Gold Star Family

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM
  • 50 Replies
4 moms liked this

I spent the majority of my adult life in the military, and this business about President Trump's call to the Family of Sgt Johnson's widow really bothers me.

Not for why you probably think though. I am disgusted that Rep. Wilson is trying to make this a political issue. I honestly believe that he meant

“He was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed,”  “He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were, and chose to serve anyway"

We have always talked about that when we lost a friend. We knew the risks of this job and chose to do it in spite of them, because we believe in something bigger than ourselves.

Then I saw this story, (Yes, I know the website is very left leaning, but ignore that for a minute) embedded in the story is an audtio of a phone call between the President and Natasha De Alencar. Natasha's husband  Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, was killed in Afghanistan in April.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/gold-star-widow-releases-trumps-call-after-husband-was-killed-in-afghanistan/

The President has made mistakes, and I personally believe, needs to have his cell phone taken away from him.That being said I don't believe that he intentionally was rude, or disrespectful to Mrs. Johnson.

And just to add before people just on me saying he is not MY president. I don't have to like him as a person to respect the position he now holds, and NO I did not vote for him.

by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:19 PM
3 moms liked this
He chose the wrong words.

He lied about using those words.

He threw a tantrum.

You do not tell a widow that her husband signed up to die.

Especially this botched assignment.
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I sincerely doubt trump was intentionally rude or intentionality disrespectful to a gold star family. But if he ultimately is consistently rude or disrespectful unintentionally, is potus the right job for him? I think not.

I honestly respect your perspective about this shouldn't be politicized, however.
PPCLC
by Lisa on Oct. 20, 2017 at 11:51 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't believe for a second that President Trump intended to be disrespectful when he spoke to Sgt. Johnson's widow and her family after his death. 

Several others have come forward and stated things similar to Mrs. De Alencar regarding condolence calls from the POTUS.

I think with so many narratives painting him in such a negative light along with his lack of eloquence too often when he speaks, and that he's a very controversial President to begin with, some might find it hard to believe that he could be capable of being heartfelt with his intentions in situations like this.

The onus in this highly heated and now political situation is squarely on the shoulders of Rep. Wilson IMO when it comes to that phone call to Sgt. Wilson's family and how she brought it to the attention of the media to begin with.

twinkersmom
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 1:56 AM

This audio call just brings up the question for me...why was the phone call to Mysehia Johnson portrayed as it being the first ever phone call for Trump in the given circumstances? 

BmoreRavens
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 2:46 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting -Celestial-: He chose the wrong words. He lied about using those words. He threw a tantrum. You do not tell a widow that her husband signed up to die. Especially this botched assignment.

Trump did not choose the wrong words. 

He did not lie about the words that he used.

He did not throw a temper tantrum.

He did not "tell" the widow that her husband "signed up to die."

As far as we know the assignment was not "botched."

Trump choose the words that other presidents have chosen, and NO other Gold Star family has complained about "those" words.

Wilson lied about the meaning of the words that Trump used. Therefore,Trump was right to say that he "would never say that." He made it clear that he was not speaking in a joking, cold, callous manner as Wilson accused him of doing; when she went  on her "trashing Trump tour"  as she made the rounds of all of  the Liberal news,and talk shows to bash Trump; while exploiting a Gold Star family in the process for political gain.

Wilson threw a major temper tantrum after listening in on a conversation when she knew that Trump had not been advised of her presence or that he was on speaker phone. Wilson honed in on ONE sentence (of a five minute conversation), and ran with it to attempt to make Trump look bad, because she wants him impeached. Trump, of course, defended himself which is not the same as throwing a tamtrum.

Trump did not use the words "your husband signed up to die." Again, that was Wilson's fabrication, and this is what Trump denied saying ... and rightly so.

Do you have any evidence that I am  not aware of that the assignment was "botched"?

BmoreRavens
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 3:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Bookwormy: I sincerely doubt trump was intentionally rude or intentionality disrespectful to a gold star family. But if he ultimately is consistently rude or disrespectful unintentionally, is potus the right job for him? I think not. I honestly respect your perspective about this shouldn't be politicized, however.

If the majority of Gold Star families who lost a loved one, and who Trump comforted,  think that Trump is right for the job then Trump is right for the job. 

If the majoity of those in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, and Las Vegas who were affected by tragedy, and who Trump comforted, think that Trump is right for the job then Trump is right for the job.

The nasty, lying, Trump hating  people in DC ... who wanted Trump impeached before he even took office...  will regret what they are doing when Trump wins a second term.

Hate will not prevail. and ALL that DC has is their hate. They have no good leader, they have no positive message, they have no moral compass to want to destroy Trump; whether it be in their hoping that Trump falls fatally ill, or that he is assassinated, or that he will be taken down in some other hideous manner.

In all of my many years I have never seen anything like this; Washington, and the Liberal news media should be ashamed.

BmoreRavens
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:52 AM
2 moms liked this

All anyone needs to do is listen to this recording of Trump's phone call to the widow of Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar to know that Congresswoman Wilson is a lying bitch. Trump did not sound cold or callous, and nor was he speaking in a joking manner.

Widow of first soldier slain under Trump releases phone call

The widow of a fallen soldier killed in Afghanistan released a recording of her phone conversation with President Trump — and praised him for his kind words.

Natasha De Alencar received the call in April when her husband, Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar, became the first U.S. combat death in Afghanistan in 2017.

She turned on the speakerphone, waiting on hold for 15 minutes with her children nearby when Trump’s voice came through the line.

Slideshow preview image

Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar    

“I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he’s an unbelievable hero,” Trump says in the recording of the call, shot by one of the couple’s four children.

“Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected,” Trump said. “Just tell them I said your father was a great hero." 

He later invites her to the White House.

“If you’re around Washington, you come over and see me in the Oval Office,” he said.

“Thank you. I really, really appreciated it,” she said. “I really do, sir.”

Sgt. De Alencar, 37, a Special Forces soldier, was shot and killed during a firefight involving ISIS militants.   

The call came less than 24 hours after De Alencar watched her husband’s body return from Afghanistan to Dover Air Force Base.

“It made me feel good, knowing what my husband had done for his country,” that Trump took the time to call, she said. “My husband was awesome. My world sucks without him.”

BmoreRavens
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting twinkersmom:

This audio call just brings up the question for me...why was the phone call to Mysehia Johnson portrayed as it being the first ever phone call for Trump in the given circumstances? 

Some people did not realize that Trump had made calls, prior, to other families of fallen soldiers ... which was no doubt because he wanted to keep it private, and apparently so did the families. However, loudmouth, lying, Congresswoman Wilson ruined this for the Johnson family.

Also, Kelly (as I recall) did not say precisely when the conversation between he and Trump took place, as to Trump getting advice on making condolence phone calls, so it made it sound as if they had this conversation right before Trump called the widow Johnson ... but the conversation between Kelly and Trump may have taken place months ago.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish no ill will on trump. I don't hate trump. I've no Washington connections. You are way off base with those assumptions. Plus the same kind of things were said of previous POTUS, such as Obama. Why wouldn't they have been? I have demonstrated this for you before with quotes and links.

And trump can have been appropriate with some and not others gold star families. A recording of a different gold star family doesn't prove this one was satisfied.

Quoting BmoreRavens:

Quoting Bookwormy: I sincerely doubt trump was intentionally rude or intentionality disrespectful to a gold star family. But if he ultimately is consistently rude or disrespectful unintentionally, is potus the right job for him? I think not.

I honestly respect your perspective about this shouldn't be politicized, however.

If the majority of Gold Star families who lost a loved one, and who Trump comforted,  think that Trump is right for the job then Trump is right for the job. 

If the majoity of those in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico, and Las Vegas who were affected by tragedy, and who Trump comforted, think that Trump is right for the job then Trump is right for the job.

The nasty, lying, Trump hating  people in DC ... who wanted Trump impeached before he even took office...  will regret what they are doing when Trump wins a second term.

Hate will not prevail. and ALL that DC has is their hate. They have no good leader, they have no positive message, they have no moral compass to want to destroy Trump; whether it be in their hoping that Trump falls fatally ill, or that he is assassinated, or that he will be taken down in some other hideous manner.

In all of my many years I have never seen anything like this; Washington, and the Liberal news media should be ashamed.

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't prove that she's a lying bitch because it's a different family.

Jeez, why would you name call like that?

Quoting BmoreRavens:

All anyone needs to do is listen to this recording of Trump's phone call to the widow of Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar to know that Congresswoman Wilson is a lying bitch. Trump did not sound cold or callous, and nor was he speaking in a joking manner.

Widow of first soldier slain under Trump releases phone call

The widow of a fallen soldier killed in Afghanistan released a recording of her phone conversation with President Trump — and praised him for his kind words.

Natasha De Alencar received the call in April when her husband, Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar, became the first U.S. combat death in Afghanistan in 2017.

She turned on the speakerphone, waiting on hold for 15 minutes with her children nearby when Trump’s voice came through the line.

Slideshow preview image

Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar    

“I am so sorry to hear about the whole situation. What a horrible thing, except that he’s an unbelievable hero,” Trump says in the recording of the call, shot by one of the couple’s four children.

“Say hello to your children, and tell them your father he was a great hero that I respected,” Trump said. “Just tell them I said your father was a great hero." 

He later invites her to the White House.

“If you’re around Washington, you come over and see me in the Oval Office,” he said.

“Thank you. I really, really appreciated it,” she said. “I really do, sir.”

Sgt. De Alencar, 37, a Special Forces soldier, was shot and killed during a firefight involving ISIS militants.   

The call came less than 24 hours after De Alencar watched her husband’s body return from Afghanistan to Dover Air Force Base.

“It made me feel good, knowing what my husband had done for his country,” that Trump took the time to call, she said. “My husband was awesome. My world sucks without him.”

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)