Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

John McCain mocks Donald Trump’s deferment ‘bone spurs’

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:37 PM
  • 127 Replies
3 moms liked this
EJ MONTINI | The Republic | azcentral.com
5:09 p.m. CDT Oct. 22, 2017
PHOENIX — Sen. John McCain doesn’t have to speak Donald Trump’s name to excoriate him.

(Criticize is too tame a word.)
He doesn’t exactly call the president a draft dodger. But … in a way… he does.
On C-SPAN3, American History TV, McCain is interviewed about the Vietnam War. The money shot, the prime quote, comes after McCain discusses the mistakes made in getting into the war and the lack of a strategy for victory. Then he gets to the draft.
And Trump.
Full coverage: Vietnam War still haunts us
More: 'I’ve questioned the decision for 40 years,' Army deserter on avoiding Vietnam
The president, as you may know, received several draft deferments during the war, most having to do with college. After he graduated in 1968, however, Trump would have been drafted, but got a medical deferment for what was diagnosed as bone spurs in his heels.

On C-SPAN McCain says, “One aspect of the (Vietnam) conflict by the way that I will never ever countenance is that we drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur. That is wrong. That is wrong. If we are going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve.”
Boom
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyMom1026
by Scorpio on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:42 PM
8 moms liked this

John is finally breaking away from the rigid RW GOP. I wish he had done this years ago, but I guess staring death in the face has finally given him the courage to do it. 

Better late than never John. 

proudmwdwife
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
John is no longer relevant. He needs to focus on himself
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM
13 moms liked this
He seems very relevant.

Quoting proudmwdwife: John is no longer relevant. He needs to focus on himself
AnotherKim
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:50 PM
11 moms liked this

John McCain is very relevant  Not only to Arizona, but to the Senate

Quoting proudmwdwife: John is no longer relevant. He needs to focus on himself

proudmwdwife
by on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:52 PM
He claims to be pro veteran but shoots down anything that would help vets among other things. He needs to not be a republican as he has shown he is a liberal via his actions. I hope his brain tumor or whatever it is puts him permanently out of commission
romalove
by Roma on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:56 PM
6 moms liked this
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose....
Myahny
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:58 PM
13 moms liked this

You're a rather cruel and very unpleasant person.   Karma will get you for statements like this. 

Quoting proudmwdwife: He claims to be pro veteran but shoots down anything that would help vets among other things. He needs to not be a republican as he has shown he is a liberal via his actions. I hope his brain tumor or whatever it is puts him permanently out of commission

Debmomto2teens
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:05 PM
10 moms liked this
What an asshole comment.

Quoting proudmwdwife: He claims to be pro veteran but shoots down anything that would help vets among other things. He needs to not be a republican as he has shown he is a liberal via his actions. I hope his brain tumor or whatever it is puts him permanently out of commission
readyforhim
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:07 PM
6 moms liked this
John is reminding the world that trump has always been a liar.
KaleaLani
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 10:09 PM
9 moms liked this
My grandmother died of brain cancer. It isn't pleasant. Don't be such a douchebag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)