Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Soup for You! err...well...popcorn

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM
KK
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Holy Moly do I have a funny story to share.  Our PTA does a monthly popcorn Friday and so we have to order popcorn for the year.  Well, this year our account rep. decided to not send us the popcorn we ordered and instead replaced it with this horrible light popcorn.  

Late last year after the dietary guidelines were rolled back we made the decision to go back to the regular popcorn because it tastes better, and the other stuff is stale by the time the kids are allowed to eat it after school  We received a lot of complaints from parents when we were using this light popcorn and parents sign their children up to receive popcorn so they are aware that they will be given this treat.

This morning when my committee chair called to find out why we got the wrong popcorn and asked that they deliver the correct order our account rep. refused.  He went on a long diatribe about his high cholesterol and told her she needed to explain to me that his cholesterol was high because of coconut oil and when that didn't seem to sway our opinion threatened us with a Federal Audit from the Dept. of Agriculture.  

Four phone calls later and one to his supervisor and he is on the way with our popcorn.  

by on Oct. 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meriana
by Ruby Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM

LOL. So because HIS cholesterol is high, he decided the students should have the light popcorn? That's got to be about the lamest reason ever. How much of the popcorn was he eating anyway? 

VooDooB
by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:50 AM
2 moms liked this
How frustrating! They’d hate me at that school because I’d raise hell over that.

Whenever you see the words “light”, “low-fat”, or “fat-free” think of the phrase “chemical shit storm”.

Go with the real stuff and just go easy on the intake.

- from your local CM student of Nutrition
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Oct. 24, 2017 at 12:59 AM

I thought this story was going to end with the rep saying "NO popcorn for you!!!"

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Oct. 24, 2017 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I was half expecting for him to tell me that as well.  ;)  

He actually tried to claim someone else screwed up when he showed up 30 minutes after my call to his boss.  

Quoting turtle68:

I thought this story was going to end with the rep saying "NO popcorn for you!!!"

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Oct. 24, 2017 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

None of this popcorn is healthy.  It's my least favorite PTA activity.  

Quoting VooDooB: How frustrating! They’d hate me at that school because I’d raise hell over that. Whenever you see the words “light”, “low-fat”, or “fat-free” think of the phrase “chemical shit storm”. Go with the real stuff and just go easy on the intake. - from your local CM student of Nutrition

Lady_Facetious
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
What an ass. I would complain to his supervisor. It's one thing to accidentally send the wrong order. It's quite another to decide what a customer should get and refuse to correct the wrong action, especially based on personal preference. The ass would probably have a fit if he went to a restaurant and ordered steak, but the server brought out fish and said that he should order the fish and not the steak because the server is allergic to beef.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM

I did talk to his supervisor and that's why he was there 30 minutes later.  

What was funny is he pretended none of what happened occurred and claimed that it was someone else that screwed up our order and doesn't understand because they have different item numbers.   I'm sure he was told to not mention his cholesterol.  

Quoting Lady_Facetious: What an ass. I would complain to his supervisor. It's one thing to accidentally send the wrong order. It's quite another to decide what a customer should get and refuse to correct the wrong action, especially based on personal preference. The ass would probably have a fit if he went to a restaurant and ordered steak, but the server brought out fish and said that he should order the fish and not the steak because the server is allergic to beef.

noozjunkee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:27 AM

I can relate and for that I am sorry. I appreciate you sharing this here because I get it! I have experienced some extremely surreal B.S. with the  PTA at my kids' school. 

Why do people have to make stuff so damn hard? And why do some people think they have the right to dictate what others spend their money on?

noozjunkee
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Last year the kids got a root beer float party in my daughter's class. As the room parent, I went in to help. The teacher had vanilla ice cream and diet root beer. I asked her why she only had diet root beer and she lamented about all the sugar. Why have a rootbeer float party with regular vanilla ice cream and diet root beer? I told my daughter she couldn't have the root beer and she was sad. The teacher questioned me about it later and I told her we avoid sweeteners. Not that sugar is healthy, but sweeteners are a huge no-no for this family. 

Quoting VooDooB: How frustrating! They’d hate me at that school because I’d raise hell over that. Whenever you see the words “light”, “low-fat”, or “fat-free” think of the phrase “chemical shit storm”. Go with the real stuff and just go easy on the intake. - from your local CM student of Nutrition

survivorinohio
by René on Oct. 24, 2017 at 11:53 AM

Im glad your getting the good stuff :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)