Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

“Fox and Friends” dresses black child in a watermelon costume!

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:13 AM
  • 193 Replies
http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/fox-friends-dresses-black-child-watermelon-article-1.3583373

Tone-deaf?

Thoughts?

And please don’t come after me about black ppl being too damn sensitive!!

Frankly speaking, the child is cute as a button. And if his mom doesn’t have a problem, then I don’t either.... maybe.
by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cgd5112
by Silver Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I don’t know what to think. The child looks fricken adorable! The kids all look like they’re having fun.

I think that maybe if the mom’s ok then it’s no big deal. Afterall, in this case it was the parent’s choice and not forced on her to dress her child in a way she would find offensive... kwim?

I’ll also throw in that it’s a costume and not food. That is, it’s not like the other children hit candy for this segment and this child got watermelon as a treat ....

We have to also be careful not to perpetuate this association of watermelon with AA. It’s complicated.

I’ll chime in some mire kater. I’m curious to read other moms’ thoughts on this.

Quakercaoimhe
by Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 5:44 AM
12 moms liked this

There's no denying the kid is cute, that's for sure. However you cannot deny that Fox News is really fucking racist. 

SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Therein lies the dilemma!

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

There's no denying the kid is cute, that's for sure. However you cannot deny that Fox News is really fucking racist. 

zandhmom2
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that child is black. He looks Hispanic.

billsfan1104
by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:48 AM
3 moms liked this
The kid doesn't look black. More like my nephew and they are Puerto Rican. Making a mountain over a mohill.
And if the parents saw nothing wrong, then the other media and bloggers have no right to use a child to score political points without the consent of the parents.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 24, 2017 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this
There are black Puerto Ricans.

Quoting billsfan1104: The kid doesn't look black. More like my nephew and they are Puerto Rican. Making a mountain over a mohill.
And if the parents saw nothing wrong, then the other media and bloggers have no right to use a child to score political points without the consent of the parents.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 24, 2017 at 7:01 AM
LOL!! You should read what I wrote in the OP, before you go off!! Unless you’re talking about the media.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 24, 2017 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
There are black Hispanics too.

Quoting zandhmom2:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that child is black. He looks Hispanic.

billsfan1104
by on Oct. 24, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Did you mean to quote me?? Who is going off??
I clearly said bloggers and the media.

Quoting SuG4: LOL!! You should read what I wrote in the OP, before you go off!! Unless you’re talking about the media.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Oct. 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM
I was quoting someone who deleted their comment before I could finish my reply.

Quoting billsfan1104: Did you mean to quote me?? Who is going off??
I clearly said bloggers and the media.

Quoting SuG4: LOL!! You should read what I wrote in the OP, before you go off!! Unless you’re talking about the media.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)