Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BREAKING NEWS: Three people dead and children airlifted to hospital in rush-hour shooting near elementary school in California

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM
  • 143 Replies
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5082407/Three-dead-shooting-California-elementary-school.html?ito=social-facebook

A Corning Unified School district employee confirmed there were injuries at the school.

Police are investigating at least five crime scenes. At least 100 law enforcement officers have responded to the crime scenes. The children inside the school have been moved to a safe location.

Parents are in distress stuck behind road block not knowing the status of their kids at school in Rancho Tehama where the shooter ended up. pic.twitter.com/kf7afIPr7z
— Sara Stinson (@SaraStinsonNews) November 14, 2017

"Multiple students" have been airlifted from the scene according to Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston. Johnston told local media at least three people are dead, but did not elaborate if any students were among the dead.

Law enforcement says the shooter was shot and killed by police.

BREAKING: At least 3 dead in shooting in Tehama Co. it started at a home and moved to the school. Shooter shot and killed by police. pic.twitter.com/xIKvyIxq4y
— Sara Stinson (@SaraStinsonNews) November 14, 2017

A 6-year-old and another child are among the injured. The Redding Record Searchlight reports a 30-year-old man has also been taken to the hospital with gunshot wound to the thigh.

Rancho Tehama Elementary is reportedly now in lockdown. Local law enforcement have blocked off the road that leads to the school.
by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Three people are dead after a shooting at an elementary school in northern California.

The shooting took place at a Rancho Tehama elementary school at around 8am on Tuesday.

Multiple students have been airlifted from the scene but it is not yet known of those killed were children or adults.

The shooter, whose age or name has not yet been given, was shot and killed by police at the scene.

'We had multiple shots fired in Rancho Tehema, that evolved to multiple victims and multiple shots at the school.

'I am told the suspected shooter is deceased by law enforcement bullets. I don't have a list of victims, I don't know how many victims. I know of at least three deaths,' Tehama County Sheriff said.

He confirmed there were a 'number' of injured victims who had been removed by helicopter and ambulance and said all of the surviving children and staff are now safe.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:42 PM
Here we go again
Acornkeeper
by Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

This is madness. This needs to stop.

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Waiting for the guns aren’t a problem argument
bluefirewolf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM

that is a callous remark

Quoting iamcafemom83: Here we go again

imyourPuppy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:44 PM
Again?????
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:49 PM
6 moms liked this
Ooh...let me try again.

"Thoughts and prayers"

Did that help?

Quoting bluefirewolf:

that is a callous remark

MissAndree
by Ronita on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Goddamnit.
GrayDuck41
by Linda on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yah, that's the typical response, isn't it.

I know what you mean.

:(

So lame.

Quoting iamcafemom83: Ooh...let me try again. "Thoughts and prayers" Did that help?
Quoting bluefirewolf:

that is a callous remark

"I love the poorly educated"...Donald Trump
VooDooB
by on Nov. 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)