Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:03 PM
  • 174 Replies
2 moms liked this
Plans??

Are you traveling? Are you staying home? Having visitors?

Cooking? What you making? Any good recipes?

I’ll keep bumping this thread, so.....
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!

We are staying home and I am cooking. It will be just six of us and a 20 pound turkey lol. I make traditional sides and cheesecake and cookies and pumpkin pie for dessert.

I hope you and yours enjoy!
PamR
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:18 PM

Already had round one with extended family over the weekend.   Just my husband, two girls and maybe a boyfriend on Thursday, but enough food for an army:  turkey, cornbread dressing, green beans, mac and cheese, cranberries, and pumpkin pie. 

SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:22 PM
3 moms liked this
You have a husband AND a boyfriend?? You go girl! JK
😂😂

Quoting PamR:

Already had round one with extended family over the weekend.   Just my husband, two girls and maybe a boyfriend on Thursday, but enough food for an army:  turkey, cornbread dressing, green beans, mac and cheese, cranberries, and pumpkin pie. 

PPCLC
by Lisa on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

We're staying put for the day with just the five of us plus our oldest Dd and her boyfriend are coming over.

Usual stuff for the big meal..turkey, two kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy (an add-on), sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, Waldorf Salad (another add-on), a relish tray, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Plus several different pies for dessert and appetizers earlier in the day to stave off starvation as the big meal isn't going to be until 3:30.

A total oink fest!

SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
YUM!!

Quoting PPCLC:

We're staying put for the day with just the five of us plus our oldest Dd and her boyfriend are coming over.

Usual stuff for the big meal..turkey, two kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy (an add-on), sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, Waldorf Salad (another add-on), a relish tray, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Plus several different pies for dessert and appetizers earlier in the day to stave off starvation as the big meal isn't going to be until 3:30.

A total oink fest!

Valentina327
by on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy thanksgiving to you too! My sister and her family are going out of town for the holiday with her in-laws. So me and dad are going to have lunch with mom at the nursing home. It'll be a quiet year this year.
MissAndree
by Ronita on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Happy Thanksgiving!
It will be my ex husband and our daughter, as we do every year, but this year my three nephews, the two older boys girlfriends and my sister will be joining us.
We are having a traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixins!
SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds lovely!

Quoting Valentina327: Happy thanksgiving to you too! My sister and her family are going out of town for the holiday with her in-laws. So me and dad are going to have lunch with mom at the nursing home. It'll be a quiet year this year.
SuG4
by Firestarter on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
A full house huh? Fun.

Quoting MissAndree: Happy Thanksgiving!
It will be my ex husband and our daughter, as we do every year, but this year my three nephews, the two older boys girlfriends and my sister will be joining us.
We are having a traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixins!
msb64
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We started with just the four of us and somehow we are now up to 12.  I'm so not ready!  Our son has a potluck lunch at his school tomorrow and I'm making butternut squash and apple pie. I'll start to organize after I get through that.  <sigh>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)